Jillian A. Centanni, Esq., Of Counsel, leads the Firm’s Trust and Estate service area. After the loss of a loved one, Ms. Centanni was inspired to provide legal advice to individuals and their families concerning estates. During the course of Ms. Centanni’s career, she has devoted the majority of her time to estate planning and administration where she has counseled hundreds of individuals and families on their trusts, wills, and elder care needs. Ms. Centanni has been entrusted by generations of families to assist with distribution of assets and tax consequences.
Ms. Centanni is passionate about protecting clients’ assets. She has completed hundreds of wills, codicils, trusts, advance directives and powers of attorney. She works with complicated transactions pertaining to real estate for both residential and commercial properties. Ms. Centanni has represented executors, trustees, and beneficiaries concerning the distribution of assets in a will, codicil, or trust.
Ms. Centanni has also written the following published articles on estate planning and real estate issues:
- “Why You Need An Estate Plan: 10 Myths and Truths Revealed” (Book Chapter published by the NJ Association of Women Business Owners)
- “Estate Planning: Common Questions About Wills” (published by 24/Seven)
- “Seven Tips For Avoiding Unnecessary Costs During Probate” (published by 24/Seven)
- “Protect Yourself With The Power Of Three” (published by 24/Seven)
- “Should a Homeowner Puchase a Home Using an LLC” (published in The Warren-Watchung Connection)
- “When Going Into Business with Friends or Family, Make Sure You Have These Legal Agreements and Documents in Place” (published by the NJ Association of Women Business Owners)
Ms. Centanni is an active member of the community, and she enjoys providing career guidance and mentoring young adults as well as traveling and watching college football. Ms. Centanni attended the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor where she graduated with an undergraduate degree in chemical engineering. Ms. Centanni also has a master’s degree in business administration from Illinois Institute of Technology. She received her Juris Doctorate degree from Rutgers University – Camden where she was an Editor on the Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy.
For a description of the selection process methodology for each of the publications and organizations which have included Genova Burns LLC in their rankings or awards, please click here.
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Super Lawyers® New Jersey Rising Star List: 2017-2020 (Thomson Reuters)
- 10 Best Real Estate Attorney New Jersey: 2018 - 2019 (American Institute of Legal Counsel)
- Lawyers of Distinction – Estate Planning Law: 2018
- Rutgers University – Camden: Editor on the Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy
- ABA publication Landslide - Editorial Board Member
- University of Michigan College of Engineering, Board Member