Keith A. Krauss is Counsel in the Firm's Newark, NJ office and Chair of the Corporate Law and Business Transactions and Intellectual Property Practice Groups as well as the Alcohol, Food & Beverage and other Industry Groups. He has an AV® Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the world’s preeminent attorney rating service, which is the highest rating an attorney can receive from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Krauss handles all aspects of business transactions on behalf of companies and startups. His work includes review, negotiation and preparation of all types of commercial agreements, including construction and consulting; distribution; manufacturing; sales and assignment, and licensing of intellectual property interests and rights.
Mr. Krauss assists clients with the formation, dissolution and liquidation of corporations; limited liability companies; partnerships and joint ventures; sales and purchases of assets and stock, and membership and partnership interests. He counsels clients regarding financing of transactions, including conventional and Economic Development Administration financing and Small Business Administration loans; franchising, private placement stock and membership, and partnership offerings and agreements.
Mr. Krauss provides legal and strategic advice on matters affecting day-to-day operations and corporate governance issues. In the intellectual property area, he handles numerous licensing agreements involving patent, copyright and trademark and tradename rights, both as licensor and licensee, including agreements involving software, web design, manufacturing and distributorship. In addition, he has represented numerous clients in commercial and construction disputes, handling court proceedings and commercial and construction arbitrations.
Mr. Krauss frequently lectures before professional audiences on corporate and commercial matters, including the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, the National Business Law Institute and the Essex County Bar Association.
- Sale of the stock of a 326-branch national travel agency to the American Express Company.
- Installment sale of assets from a multi-branch private technical school to a national education company.
- Ground and sub-leases with the State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and private developers concerning the Liberty State Park Science Center and Liberty State Park Marina.
- Entertainment contracts with Andrea Bocelli and Cirque Du Soleil as part of the New Jersey millennium celebration at Liberty State Park.
- Underlying documentation, including offering materials, business plan and operating agreement, in connection with a $250 million private offering to create an intellectual property venture fund.
- Asset contributions of two $100 million companies, a national trucking company and an international security company into a newly formed entity funded by private equity participants.
- Formation, structuring, asset acquisition and Regulation D financing, including preparation of subscription and operating agreements, a private placement memorandum and offering statements for an international concierge company.
- Senior member of a legal team that successfully handled an AAA arbitration on behalf of the New Jersey Devils national hockey team against the City of Newark resulting in an $81 million award for the Devils.
- Handled personal endorsement license agreements and a merchandise license agreement with Marie Osmond.
- Handled a merchandise license agreement with Sanrio Global Consumer Products relative to the use of the name and image for Hello Kitty.
- One of New Jersey’s top lawyers, New Jersey Monthly Magazine
- AV Rated for 28 consecutive years, Martindale-Hubbell
- Legal Intern with the New Jersey Attorney General
- Law Secretary to the Hon. Martin J. Kole, Superior Court of New Jersey Appellate Division, 1978 Court Term