James J. McGovern III is a Partner in the Firm's Newark, NJ office and is Chair of the Labor Law Practice Group as well as a member of the Wage & Hour Compliance and other Practice Groups and the Alcohol, Food & Beverage and other Industry Groups .
Mr. McGovern represents management in all types of labor and employment law. He has extensive experience representing clients in healthcare, hotels, construction, transportation manufacturing and other industries. In his Alcohol, Food & Beverage practice, Mr. McGovern advises multiple breweries in New Jersey on Alcohol and Beverage Control license issues, trademark disputes and employment issues.
Labor Law, Wage & Hour Compliance & Dispute Resolution, Alcohol & Regulated Products Law, Construction Law & Litigation, Health & Hospital Law,
Alcohol, Food & Beverage, Hotels & Restaurants, Construction & Engineering
For a description of the selection process methodology for each of the publications and organizations which have included Genova Burns LLC in their rankings or awards, please click here.
- Served as labor counsel for multiple hospitals in New Jersey during their sale, advising clients on Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act issues, consolidation of bargaining units and hospital closures.
- Served as labor counsel to the State of New Jersey from 2002 to 2010 during which time he negotiated labor agreements for more than 50,000 state employees.
- Served as labor counsel for large developers and property owners, negotiating project labor agreements with the Building Trades Association and providing for cost-efficient construction on their behalf.
- New York Magazine’s Best Lawyers in Labor and Employment Law since 2006
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2023
- Super Lawyers® in New Jersey, Employment & Labor Law from 2007 to 2010 & 2012 to 2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Management, Employment Law and Labor Law since 2005
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.