Jennifer Borek is a Partner in the Firm's Jersey City, NJ office and specializes in Procurement Law, Government Contracts & Bid Protest Litigation. Ms. Borek also has substantive experience in Complex Commercial Litigation, Construction Law & Litigation, Appellate and Class Action Defense law. She argues complex litigation cases in state and federal courts, including the Appellate Division and Third Circuit, before administrative agencies and in arbitrations.
Ms. Borek has managed legal teams from their inception through trial. Her practice focuses on commercial litigation; public procurement litigation; Open Public Records Act litigation; land use, redevelopment and condemnation disputes; commercial lease disputes, environmental matters and construction law claims as well as wrongful termination, discrimination and Fair Labor Standards Act collective actions. She has extensive experience counseling corporate entities regarding public bidding and procurement regulations as well as employment matters.
For a description of the selection process methodology for each of the publications and organizations which have included Genova Burns LLC in their rankings or awards, please click here.
- Tried a regulatory matter for a large utility company before the Office of Administrative Law, resulting in a successful settlement for the client.
- Successfully argued numerous orders to show cause in public procurement and Open Public Records Law matters.
- Obtained preliminary injunctive relief in U.S. District Court enjoining the State of New Jersey from implementing and enforcing an amendment to New Jersey’s Unclaimed Property Act, which would have required the escheat of unused balances on gift cards to the state. Successfully opposed the State’s appeal through the denial of its petition for certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Represented Devils Renaissance Development with regard to its construction and contract dispute regarding the development and management of the Prudential Arena in downtown Newark, resulting in a favorable award from the American Arbitration Association on behalf of the client.
- Second-chaired a three-week trial defending an employee of the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities against claims filed under the Conscientious Employee Protection Act. After a hung jury, she successfully moved for dismissal of the case notwithstanding the verdict.
- Successfully litigated many types of employment discrimination lawsuits on behalf of corporate employers, including obtaining dismissals through summary judgment.
- ROI-NJ Most Influential DEI Leaders, 2021
- NJBiz Best 50 Women in Business, 2020
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®, Top 50 Women Lawyers, 2016
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®, 2016 - 2022
- Fellow of Litigation Counsel of America, a Trial Honorary Society since 2010
- New Jersey Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2007 to 2010
- Co-author, A Few Changes to a Confidentiality Protective Order Will Help Avoid the Cost of Advocating for the Sealing of an Adversary's Documents, New Jersey Lawyer, August 2015
- Author, Gift Card Amendments Redraw Legal Battle, paybefore.com, November 2012
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.
Also of Interest
October 6, 2021