John Suwatson is Counsel in the Firm's Newark, NJ office and is a member of the Commercial Real Estate & Redevelopment Practice Group. Mr. Suwatson represents developers, corporations, private equity companies, opportunity funds, family-owned real estate entities and various joint venture entities in all aspects of transactional real estate law.
Mr. Suwatson counsels commercial real estate owners and developers regarding acquisitions, sales, financing, leasing and development projects. He represents owners and tenants in complex lease transactions.
He is secretary to the Greater Newark Enterprises Corporation Board of Trustees, a nonprofit organization that provides financial assistance and training to small businesses, women-owned businesses, low-income individuals and minorities to encourage entrepreneurship.
Mr. Suwatson is also a Member of the Newark Museum Business and Community Council, which is composed of individuals from the Newark area’s business, corporate, civic, and educational communities. The members of this Council serve as “ambassadors” to their colleagues and the city of Newark on behalf of the Museum, provide support to the Museum on various programs and initiatives, and help the Museum sponsor and host various fundraising events each year.
- Counsels borrowers in multi-site lending transactions and credit facilities.
- Drafts and reviews documents in connection with all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including leasing and financing.
- Represents commercial banks and other financial lending institutions in commercial mortgage loans and asset-based loans, loan participations and debt restructuring transactions in New Jersey and New York.
- Fordham University School of Law, Member, Fordham Law Review
- Named to the Rising Star list by the publishers of New Jersey Monthly and Super Lawyers®, 2019-2021
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.
Also of Interest
December 24, 2020
April 21, 2020