Joseph A. Bottitta is General Counsel to the Firm. He is also Ethics Counsel to the Firm and a member of the Corporate Law and Business Transactions, Complex Commercial Litigation, Commercial Real Estate & Redevelopment, Mediation & Alternate Dispute Resolution and Trusts, Estates & Wealth Management Practice Groups as well as the Cannabis Industry Group.
Mr. Bottitta served as the 100th President of the New Jersey State Bar Association from 1998 to 1999 as well as the President of the Essex County Bar Association from 1986 to 1987.
Since 1974, Mr. Bottitta has provided comprehensive general representation to corporations and individuals, focusing on insurance and real estate clients. He has argued numerous cases before the New Jersey Supreme Court and appellate courts which have led to favorable outcomes for his clients.
Since 1996, Mr. Bottitta has been a Fellow of the American Bar Association since 1996 and a Trustee of the Legal Services Foundation of Essex County since 1980. He frequently lectures before professional audiences, including the New Jersey State Bar Association and New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
Mr. Bottitta was appointed to the New Jersey Supreme Court’s Special Committee on Attorney Ethics and Admissions. In this role, he reviewed American Bar Association amendments to the Model Rules of Professional Conduct and standards for admission to practice law for attorneys coming in from other jurisdictions.
He serves on the U.S. District Court and the District of New Jersey Panel of Mediators and is an arbitrator for the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Appointed First Fee Arbitration Secretary in New Jersey
- Trustee of the Legal Services Foundation of Essex County
- Appointed Uniform Law Commissioner by Governor Thomas Kean
- Appointed to the New Jersey Supreme Court’s Special Committee on Attorney Ethics and Admission
- Recognized by N.J. Chief Justice Robert Wilentz as a member of the Coordinating Council to establish the Inns of Court program of New Jersey
- Served as an initial Master of the William J. Brennan Inn of Court – the First Inn of Court established in New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Legislative Service Award
- Appointed to numerous N.J. Supreme Court committees, including the Special Committees on Electronic Filing and Public Access to Court Records
- Seton Hall University School of Law – Many Are One Award
- Seton Hall School of Law – Peter W. Rodino Jr. Society Distinguished Service Award
- Legal Services of New Jersey – Debevoise-Eakeley Award
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.
Also of Interest
February 23, 2018
February 24, 2014