Matthew Kertz is Counsel in the Firm's Newark, NJ office and a member of the Appellate, Commercial Real Estate & Redevelopment and Complex Commercial Litigation Practice Groups. He focuses on commercial leasing and corporate transactions and has extensive experience drafting and negotiating retail, office and industrial leases and assisting landlords and tenants in resolving all aspects of leasing, acquisition and litigation-related issues. In addition, Mr. Kertz drafts and negotiates franchise leases and counsels clients on related matters.
Mr. Kertz routinely counsels commercial purchasers and sellers regarding acquisitions, sales, leasing and development projects as well as acquiring and disposing real estate. He advises landlords and tenants in commercial real estate disputes and assists in litigation before state and federal courts.
Mr. Kertz handles contract and settlement negotiations with a focus on complex commercial real estate issues. He represents numerous clients with national real estate portfolios regarding lease negotiations and disputes throughout the country and is involved in litigation examining novel questions of real estate law.
Mr. Kertz handles all aspects of negotiating and drafting New Jersey commercial ground retail, office and industrial leases.
- Successfully negotiated and finalized several multi-million dollar real estate transactions, including those regarding industrial complexes in Newark.
- Successfully handled a multi-million dollar stock purchase of an electrical equipment supply company.
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, Real Estate Law, 2015, 2016, 2017, & 2018
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, General Litigation, 2014
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.