Mr. Lawrence Bluestone focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and appellate law matters on behalf of public and private sector clients, primarily focusing on management of multi-million dollar companies and business disputes. Lawrence Bluestone is Counsel in the Firm's Jersey City, NJ office.
His accomplishments at Genova Burns have included litigating and managing leasing disputes on behalf of a national retail pharmacy company, obtaining Yellowstone injunctions on behalf of tenant clients and litigating complex commercial matters in state and federal courts.
As a law clerk, Mr. Bluestone served to the Honorable George W. Miller of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C., and as a legal intern to the Honorable William H. Walls of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey in Newark.
Mr. Bluestone received his Juris Doctor degree, summa cum laude, from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, and his Bachelor of Arts degree, summa cum laude, from Tufts University.
- Principal author of dozens of appellate briefs before state and federal and appeals courts.
- Successfully argued an appeal before the New Jersey Supreme Court involving constitutional challenges to civil commitment procedures.
- Argued appeal in appellate courts in New York and New Jersey.
- Managed bid protests and other procurement matters on local, state and federal level.
- Part of team that obtained reversal of regulatory decisions relating to interstate natural gas pipeline in Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Member of a team representing the New Jersey Devils organization in an arbitration involving contract and construction disputes concerning development of the Prudential Arena in downtown Newark, resulting in an award in favor of the client.
- Served as local counsel to generic drug manufacturers in Hatch-Waxman Act litigation.
Art House Productions, Board Member