Rajiv D. Parikh is a Partner in the Firm's Newark, NJ office. He is Chair of the Corporate Political Activity & Election Law Practice and Co-Chair of the Hotels & Restaurants Industry Group. He is a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation, Crisis Management, Intellectual Property & Information Technology and other Practice Groups as well as the Cannabis Industry Group. Mr. Parikh is a highly acclaimed litigator, strategist and counselor to his esteemed clientele. He served as Senior Counsel to Governor Phil Murphy for Transition 2018 and has worked closely with the Governor on issues of statewide importance.
Mr. Parikh has a proven track record in franchise-related matters. He is a lead Partner in the Intellectual Property and Information Technology Practice Group. He handles matters from the initial stages of disputes through trial, often involving complex technological questions. His trial experience encompasses all aspects of complex commercial disputes, intellectual property litigation, franchise disputes, cybersecurity and technology law, large-scale construction disputes and complex Constitutional and civil rights matters.
Mr. Parikh expertly defends clients on issues related to online reputation management, harassment and internet/social media defamation campaigns. In addition, he counsels candidates and potential candidates as well as campaign officials throughout the country.
In the political realm, Mr. Parikh is one of only a handful of lawyers in the nation to handle complex election-related litigation as well as advise candidates on strategic matters. His clients include the New Jersey Democratic National Committee and candidates for local, state and federal office. He has served as general counsel to the New Jersey Democratic State Committee for more than four years and is lead counsel on dozens of campaigns including those of New Jersey Senator Cory Booker, South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg, N.J. Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman and N.J. Rep. Josh Gottheimer, among others.
- Member, Board of Directors. New Jersey Needs You
- General Counsel, Share & Care Foundation
- General Counsel, Hindu American Seva Communities
- Board of Directors, New Leaders Council – New Jersey
- Parliamentarian, New Jersey Democratic State Committee
- Successfully obtained a permanent injunction against defamatory and extortionate speech in a matter of first impression in New Jersey following a three-month trial.
- Defeated multiple appeals including a Petition for a Writ of Certiorari before the U.S. Supreme Court in a decades-old voting rights action.
- Prosecuted and resolved multiple trademark and patent infringement matters
- Successfully prosecuted a civil rights action against the government for violations of voting rights statutes.
- Negotiated a divestiture and royalty agreement resolving four litigation claims throughout the country related to an intellectual property rights, ownership and distribution dispute for a popular direct-response product marketed for children.
- Counseled a publicly traded company regarding a targeted internet-based defamation campaign impacting public relations and share price.
- Successfully obtained emergent relief on behalf of a congressional candidate against an election official, resulting in the release of thousands of impounded ballots in a highly contested race.
- Resolved multiple litigation claims regarding ownership interests in multiple QSR franchise restaurants.
- Secured a six-figure victory in the arbitration of a construction dispute involving a public entity.
- Obtained dismissal immediately before trial of a defamation and civil rights action for discovery abuses and spoliation of evidence by the plaintiff.
- New Jersey Super Lawyers® 2010- Present – Rising Star in Litigation
- NJBIZ Magazine, 40 under 40
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (APALSA), Best Lawyers Under 40
- New Jersey Law Journal, Top Leader of the Bar and First Annual Diverse Attorney of the Year
- Anti-Defamation League of Northern New Jersey, Honoree
- Rutgers Asian-Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA), Distinguished Alumni
- Rutgers Law School, Editor-in-Chief of the Rutgers Conflict Resolution Law Journal
- Rutgers College, Representative of the University’s Board of Governors
Also of Interest
July 19, 2018