Rebecca Moll Freed is a Partner in the Firm's Newark, NJ office and Chair of the Corporate Political Activity Practice Group and the Nonprofits, Trade Associations & Tax-Exempt Organizations Practice Groups. She is also a member of the Procurement Law, Government Contracts & Bid Protest Litigation, Criminal Defense, Investigations & Compliance, and Corporate & Business Entity Governance, Ethics & Compliance Practice Groups. Through the Firm's customized Vendor Political Activity & Ethics Compliance Training & Audit Programs, Ms. Freed provides training and counseling to companies, in-house counsel and corporate ethics and compliance officers seeking to maximize government contracting opportunities while assuring their compliance with the law. Ms. Freed also has experience with diversity in government contracting, set-asides for women and minority-owned businesses and public-private partnerships (P3s). Ms. Freed is the go-to Partner at the Firm when it comes to handling campaign finance, pay-to-play compliance, lobbying and government contracting compliance matters for Firm clients.
Ms. Freed advises corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, trade associations, charitable organizations, social welfare organizations and political action committees on the legal aspects of their political activities. She counsels companies on government contracting and legal aspects of their participation in the procurement process. Ms. Freed offers substantive counsel on New Jersey’s pay-to-play laws and has extensive experience in procurement law as well as assisting clients in successfully preparing and completing RFPs and RFQs for local and state entities.
Ms. Freed provides training and counseling to companies, in-house counsel and corporate ethics and compliance officers seeking to maximize government contracting opportunities while assuring their compliance with the law. She assists clients with developing diversity and "best efforts" plans with respect to the utilization of minority and women owned businesses (MWBEs) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) in government contracting. She has represented numerous clients in bid protest disputes before administrative agencies and the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court.
Ms. Freed frequently analyzes and lectures on these areas of law as has published articles in New Jersey Lawyer, New Jersey League of Municipalities magazine and the New Jersey Law Journal.
Ms. Freed serves on the firm’s Management and Marketing Committees and has served as Co-Chair of the firm’s Strategic Planning Committee.
- Counseling on political activity compliance policies and training programs.
- Advising on corporate ethics policies.
- Counseling on the impact political contributions have on a company’s ability to maintain eligibility for government contracts at the local, county and state levels.
- Handling pay-to-play eligibility and ineligibility determinations at the local, county and state levels.
- Advising on compliance of independent expenditures of political action committee activities under the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Citizens United v. FEC.
- Advising on regulations and requirements governing RFP and RFQ processes resulting in the successful submission of proposals.
- Counseling on best practices with respect to diversity in government contracting, including but not limited to, inclusion of women and minority-owned businesses in the procurement process.
- Advising on the legal requirements of public-private partnerships (P3s).
- Best 50 Women in Business Award, NJBIZ®, 2019
- Lawline®Top Women Faculty List, 2018
- Top Women in the Law Award, New Jersey Law Journal®, 2016
- “Mary Philbrook Award” recipient, the Women’s Political Caucus of New Jersey, 2016
- Woman of Distinction” Class of 1994, Newark Academy for contributions to the legal industry and the community, 2014
- “Forty Under 40,” NJBIZ®, 2010
- New Jersey Law Journal® as one of “Forty Under 40,” 2008
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.