Dina M. Mastellone is a Partner and the Chair of the Human Resources Counseling & Compliance Practice Group and a member of the Employment Law & Litigation and Criminal Defense, Investigations & Compliance Practice Groups. She works as a strategic and tactical business partner alongside the firm's regional and national clients, counseling them on employment matters of all kinds and establishing and auditing human resources policies, handbooks and procedures.
Ms. Mastellone has extensive experience training businesses and human resources organizations on matters involving anti-harassment and diversity policy compliance, best human resources practices, hiring, documentation, discipline, termination and managing accommodations and leaves of absence in accordance with local, state and federal employment laws.
Ms. Mastellone conducts on-site harassment and whistleblower investigations and pay equity audits. She drafts and negotiates employment-related agreements including confidentiality, non-compete and separation agreements.
Ms. Mastellone manages state and federal litigation, administrative agency proceedings and arbitrations involving employment law matters, including discovery, depositions, hearings, trials and case resolution.
She is a frequent lecturer and panelist on employment law topics at industry seminars, conferences and bar association events. She conducts webinars and live training sessions for clients, human resources professionals and in-house counsel on a wide range of topics across numerous industries. She is also the co-Editor of Business & Legal Resources' (BLR) New Jersey Employment Law Letter, which serves as an HR and employment law resource helping employers understand new laws, regulations and court cases.
Ms. Mastellone also serves on the firm’s Management Committee and serves as the point Human Resources Partner, and oversees day-to-day operations of the Firm's human resources.
Through her various positions with the New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA) and New Jersey Women Lawyers Association (NJWLA), she is an advocate for mentoring and advancing women lawyers and increasing the involvement of women in professional and charitable organizations. Ms. Mastellone is a Past Chair of the Women in the Profession Section of the NJSBA, a member of the Judicial Administration, Election and Meeting Arrangements and Program (MAP) Committees and is Co-Chair of the NJSBA's Labor and Employment Law Section's Workplace Investigations Committee. She is also a member of the NJSBA's Federal Practice and Procedure Section. Ms. Mastellone is an Executive Board Member of the NJWLA currently serving as Immediate Past President, previously serving as its President, Vice President, Co-Chief Financial Officer, Co-Secretary, Co-Director of the Gala Committee and the Co-Director of the Judicial Outreach Committee. She is also a member of the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey. Ms. Mastellone is certified by the National Employment Law Institute in ADA/Rehabilitation Act compliance.
Prior to joining Genova Burns, Ms. Mastellone served as an Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of New York in the Administrative Law Division, where she won the Legal Rookie of the Year Award and successfully defended challenges to New York City laws and regulations in state and federal cases and prosecuted criminal matters on behalf of the Corporation Counsel’s Office.
For a description of the selection process methodology for each of the publications and organizations which have included Genova Burns LLC in their rankings or awards, please click here.
- ROI-NJ Influencers: Women in Business, 2023
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association - Kristen Scheurer Branigan Presidential Leadership Award, 2022
- New Jersey Law Journal - Women Attorneys of the Year, 2022
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association - Professional Lawyer of the Year Award, 2020
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®: New Jersey Employment Litigation: Defense: 2015 - 2023
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®: Top 50 Women, 2016 - 2017, 2019 - 2023
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®: Top 100 Lawyers, 2022 - 2023
- NJBIZ Best 50 Women in Business, 2018
- Excellence in Achievement Award, Rodino Society, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2017
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®: "Rising Star", Employment Litigation Defense: 2010, 2011
- National Employment Law Institute: Certified, ADA/Rehabilitation Act Compliance, 2019 - 2020
- Alumni of the Month, Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, October 2016
- New York City Law Department, Office of the Corporation Counsel, Legal Rookie of the Year, 1999
- Touro Academic Excellence Award, 1998
- Touro Law Special Service Award, 1998
- Managing Editor, Touro Law Review. 1997-1998
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.