Dina M. Mastellone is a Partner in the Firm's Newark and Tinton Falls, NJ office. She is the Chair of the Employment Law Counseling & Compliance Practice Group and a member of the Employment Law & Litigation Practice Group. She works as a strategic and tactical business partner alongside her clients, counseling them on employment matters of all kinds and establishing and auditing human resources policies and procedures with them.
Ms. Mastellone has extensive experience training businesses and human resources organizations on matters involving anti-harassment and diversity policy compliance, best human resources practices, documentation, discipline and managing leaves of absence in accordance with local, state and federal employment laws.
Ms. Mastellone conducts on-site harassment and whistle blower investigations and pay equity audits. She drafts and negotiates employment-related agreements including confidentiality, non-compete and separation agreements.
Ms. Mastellone manages state and federal litigation, administrative agency proceedings and arbitrations involving employment law matters, including discovery, depositions, hearings, trials and case resolution.
She is a frequent lecturer and panelist on employment law topics at industry seminars, conferences and bar association events. She conducts webinars and live training sessions to human resources professionals and in-house counsel on a wide range of topics across numerous industries.
Ms. Mastellone serves on the firm’s Strategic Planning and Inclusionary Initiative committees, which encompass the firm’s Women’s Diversity initiatives. The Firm's Inclusionary Initiative focuses on mentoring firm lawyers as well as spearheading legal and business community outreach initiatives with respect to women and minorities. Ms. Mastellone also serves as the point Human Resources Partner, and oversees day-to-day operations of the Firm's human resources.
Through her various positions with the New Jersey State Bar Association and New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, she is an advocate for mentoring and advancing women lawyers and increasing the involvement of women in professional and charitable organizations.
Prior to joining Genova Burns, Ms. Mastellone served as an Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of New York in the Administrative Law Division where she successfully defended challenges to New York City laws and regulations in state and federal cases and prosecuted criminal matters on behalf of the Corporation Counsel’s Office.
- NJBIZ Best 50 Women in Business, 2018
- Excellence in Achievement Award, Rodino Society, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2017
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®: New Jersey Employment Litigation: Defense: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®: Top 50 Women, 2016, 2017
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®: "Rising Star", Employment Litigation Defense: 2010, 2011
- Alumni of the Month, Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, October 2016
- New York City Law Department, Office of the Corporation Counsel, Legal Rookie of the Year, 1999
- Touro Academic Excellence Award, 1998
- Touro Law Special Service Award, 1998
- Managing Editor, Touro Law Review. 1997-1998
Also of Interest
January 8, 2019