Maria R. Fruci is Counsel in the Firm's Newark, NJ office and a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation, Class Action Defense, Intellectual Property, and Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Groups.
Ms. Fruci is dedicated to assisting her clients throughout the various events and stages in their lives. She handles a wide range of matters, successfully representing individuals, and public and private entities in complex commercial disputes, trademark protection and litigations, mediations and arbitrations from initial stages through trial and appeal. Ms. Fruci’s clientele spans various fields including start-up companies, family-owned and small businesses, entrepreneurs and large contractors. Ms. Fruci serves as general outside counsel for various businesses including a successful start-up fashion house.
Ms. Fruci also represents a wide array of clients in their divorce and post-judgment matters involving issues of alimony, child support, equitable distribution and visitation, among others. She assists clients from as early as prior to separation through mediation or trial and appeal.
Prior to joining Genova Burns, Ms. Fruci was a law clerk to the Honorable Garry J. Furnari of the Superior Court of the State of New Jersey, Family Division. She also served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Dennis M. Cavanaugh of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Obtained seven-figure settlement after week-long trial of partnership dispute.
- Successfully defended individual against alleged violation of Federal Hatch Act in matter of first impression in Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Aided in defending large corporation against claims of joint venture liability, fraud and unfair competition.
- Represented public entity and employees in defending against claims of defamation and emotional distress.
- Obtained dismissal immediately before trial of a defamation and civil rights action for discovery violations and spoliation of evidence by the plaintiff.
- Successfully negotiated settlement for large security firm in prosecution of trademark infringement claim.
- Successfully negotiated settlement for business entrepreneur in defense of a trademark infringement claim.
- Engaged in mediation of complex franchise dispute resulting in a six-figure settlement.
- Represented successful start-up fashion company serving as general outside counsel.
- Represented a business entrepreneur in complex matter involving Federal and State R.I.C.O., and fraud claims.
- Represented an international jewelry designer in prosecuting claims of R.I.C.O. and fraud.
- Successfully negotiated settlement in divorce on behalf of high net-worth individual.
- Defeated appeal of trial court decision on post-judgment application denying increase in spousal and child support.
- A Rising Star, New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Super Lawyers®, 2018, 2019
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.