Maria R. Fruci, Firm Partner, is co-Chair of the Fashion Law Practice and works on Complex Commercial Litigation, Class Action Defense, Intellectual Property, and Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Ms. Fruci is dedicated to assisting her clients throughout the various events and stages in their lives. She handles a wide range of matters, successfully representing individuals, and public and private entities in complex commercial disputes, trademark protection and litigations, mediations and arbitrations from initial stages through trial and appeal. Ms. Fruci’s clientele spans various fields including start-up companies, family-owned and small businesses, entrepreneurs and large contractors. Ms. Fruci serves as general outside counsel for various businesses including a successful start-up fashion house.
Ms. Fruci also represents a wide array of clients in their divorce and post-judgment matters involving issues of alimony, child support, equitable distribution and visitation, among others. She assists clients from as early as prior to separation through mediation or trial and appeal.
Prior to joining Genova Burns, Ms. Fruci was a law clerk to the Honorable Garry J. Furnari of the Superior Court of the State of New Jersey, Family Division. She also served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Dennis M. Cavanaugh of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
For a description of the selection process methodology for each of the publications and organizations which have included Genova Burns LLC in their rankings or awards, please click here.
- Obtained seven-figure settlement for entrepreneur in partnership dispute including R.I.C.O. and fraud claims.
- Obtained seven-figure settlement after week-long trial of partnership dispute.
- Local counsel to a Fortune 500 Company with operations in 69 countries.
- Represent start-up fashion companies including reviewing and preparing contracts and agreements.
- Represent clients in connection with insurance coverage and indemnification matters.
- Aided in defending corporation against claims of joint venture liability, fraud, and unfair competition.
- Successfully negotiated settlement for large security firm in prosecution of trademark infringement claims.
- Successfully negotiated settlement in defense against trademark infringement claim by a global company.
- Successfully defended individual against alleged Federal Hatch Act violation in matter of first impression.
- Defended public entity and employees against claims of defamation and emotional distress.
- Successfully compelled Insurance Company’s RICO, fraud and other claims against MRI facilities to arbitration.
- Best Lawyers, Ones to Watch, 2023
- Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, Essex County Bar Association, 2021
- Rising Star listing, New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Super Lawyers®, 2018-2021
- New Leaders of the Bar, New Jersey Law Journal, 2021
- Insider NJ: Insider 100 Millennials, 2021
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.