Latiqua M. Liles is an Associate in the Firm's Newark, NJ office and a member of the Employment Law & Litigation Practice Group.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Liles served as a judicial law clerk for the Hon. Carolyn E. Wright, J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey - Essex Vicinage, Family Division, where she assisted in the management of the juvenile docket, which included performing relevant legal research, analyzing applicable legal theories, and drafting official judicial decisions. Ms. Liles also has experience providing legal representation to parents of children with disabilities in special education.
She also worked as a 2017 Summer Associate at Genova Burns where she was exposed to various practice areas, including employment, labor, trusts and estates, and commercial litigation.
Ms. Liles’ Note, A “Legacy Preference” for Descendants of Slaves: Why Georgetown’s Approach to Admissions is Misguided was published by the Rutgers Race and the Law Review, Vol.19: Issue 1, Spring 2018.
Ms. Liles received her Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Rutgers Law School and her Bachelor of Arts degree, summa cum laude, from the State University of New York at Albany.
- Rutgers School of Law, Recipient, ABA/BNA Award for Excellence – Heath Law
- Rutgers School of Law, Recipient, Julius Feinberg Memorial Scholarship
- Rutgers School of Law, Kinoy-Stavis Public Interest Fellow
- Rutgers School of Law, Member, Minority Student Program
- Rutgers School of Law, Senior Managing Editor, Race and the Law Review
- Rutgers School of Law, Member, Moot Court Board
- Rutgers School of Law, Member, Association of Black Law Students
- Rutgers School of Law, Member LGBTQ Caucus
- Rutgers School of Law, Member, National Lawyers Guild