William F. Harrison is a Partner in the Firm's Newark, NJ office and Chair of the Environmental Law and Land Use & Approvals Practice Groups and a member of the Commercial Real Estate & Redevelopment Practice Group as well as the Agriculture, Real Estate, Energy & Regulated Utilities, and Alcohol, Food & Beverage Industry Groups. He regularly counsels clients on all phases of the real estate development process and has extensive experience in navigating complexities of acquiring zoning, planning, environmental and other regulatory approvals.
Mr. Harrison is a frequent speaker on land use, redevelopment and environmental law. From 2002 to 2005, he was Policy Director and Chief Counsel for the New Jersey Office of Smart Growth, Department of Community Affairs and for more than 20 years served as Assistant Director of the New Jersey Pinelands Commission. Mr. Harrison is the co-author of the Municipal Land Use Law chapter in the Complete Guide to Planning in New Jersey.
- Represents developers in obtaining local approvals for major residential, commercial and mixed use projects.
- Advised developers in obtaining approvals from the Department of Environmental Protection and Department of Transportation.
- Counseled developers in obtaining approvals in the Pinelands, Meadowlands and Highlands areas.
- Represents developers in affordable housing matters.
- Counsels developers in appeals of decisions of municipal and state agencies.
- Represents developers in negotiations with municipalities concerning redevelopment plans and agreements.
- Advises municipalities in land use, redevelopment and affordable housing matters.
- Assists in drafting environmental and land use legislation and regulations.
- Elected to the Montclair Charter Study Commission in 1978
Also of Interest
September 12, 2019