Jennifer Roselle is Partner and Co-Chair of the Cannabis Law Practice and a member of the Labor Law, Employment Law & Litigation, and Human Resources Counseling & Compliance Practice Groups as well as the Education Group.
Ms. Roselle has a wide range of experience representing employers in traditional labor on behalf of public and private sector clients. She regularly represents management in representation matters, unfair practices, labor arbitrations, and collective bargaining. Ms. Roselle regularly appears before the various administrative agencies charged with adjudicating labor disputes. She also has unique experience negotiating labor peace agreements and preparing labor compliance plans in connection with medical marijuana licensing applications.
She is a frequent lecturer and panelist on cannabis law as it pertains to labor and employment at industry seminars, conferences and events. She is a highly sought-after speaker and articles she has penned, most recently "High Stakes: How Will The Legalization Of Recreational Marijuana In New Jersey Affect The Workplace?" and “The Blunt Truth About Marijuana’s Impact on the Workplace” are published in industry magazines. Ms. Roselle also regularly contributes to the firm Cannabis & CBD Law Blog.
Ms. Roselle also counsels employers on employee discipline matters; medical marijuana use in the workplace; managing employee leaves of absence; accommodation requirements under State and Federal disability laws; wage and hour matters; and creation of workplace policies. She regularly provides employee training on prohibited conduct in the workplace and conducts independent investigations into alleged workplace discrimination and harassment.
For a description of the selection process methodology for each of the publications and organizations which have included Genova Burns LLC in their rankings or awards, please click here.
- Negotiate labor contracts on behalf of the State of New Jersey during resulting in terms and conditions of employment for more than 15,000 state employees.
- Counsel clients operating in the cannabis industry regarding labor peace agreements and labor compliance planning in anticipation of receipt of medical licensing.
- Counsel employers about Federal and New Jersey wage and hour law compliance, including record-keeping and overtime requirement and the importance of accurate record keeping.
- Appearing on behalf of employers before the N.J. Department of Labor with respect to claimed violations of wage and hour laws.
- Regularly provides counseling and training regarding the employment experience, including hiring practices, labor relations, employee rights under Federal and New Jersey law, union grievances, leaves of absence, and employee discipline.
- Regularly counsel employers about personnel matters including disciplinary actions in union and non-union settings, staff reductions, compliance with civil service law requirements and tenure laws.
- Regularly provides counseling and strategy development concerning labor relations and contract negotiations.
- Regularly appears before the Public Employment Relations Commission in scope of negotiations proceedings.
- Appear before administrative agencies adjudicating petitioner for employee representation and unfair labor practices.
- Represent employers during arbitration proceedings arising from claimed violations of the parties’ collective bargaining agreement, including just cause discipline actions.
- Conducts independent investigations following employees’ complaints of discrimination, harassment or hostile work environment
- Listed as a “Rising Star” by New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2013
- Essex County Top Lawyer, Labor Category, Morris Essex Health & Life: 2019 - 2-22
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.