Christopher Zamlout is an Associate in the Firm's Newark, NJ office and a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation Law Practice Group.
Mr. Zamlout has particular experience handling complex contract and commercial disputes, TCPA litigation, election law matters, insurance law and coverage issues, and employment investigations.
Mr. Zamlout clerked for the Honorable David B. Katz, P.J.F.P., of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County Vicinage where he gained experience conducting research and preparing trial memoranda and opinions for judicial review. Mr. Zamlout also assisted with case management, scheduling motion calendar, and other procedural responsibilities as well as participated in training in Mediation and Dispute Resolution, and court interfaces. Mr. Zamlout served as a judicial intern for the Hon. Madeline E. Cox-Arleo, United States District Court, D.N.J and then as judicial honors extern for the Hon. Nelson S. Roman, United States District Court, S.D.N.Y.
Before joining the Firm, Mr. Zamlout also served as a summer associate where he participated in matters regarding insurance defense, corporate governance, and employment litigation and conducted research and drafted legal memoranda on various issues including breach of fiduciary duty, landlord retaliation, and hostile work-place claims.
Mr. Zamlout received his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Pace University, Elisabeth Haub School of Law, and his Bachelor of Arts degree from Binghamton University. While in law school, he was a Note and Comment Editor of the Pace International Law Review and a Captain of the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Team.
The Firm's legacy as a competitive mid to large size firm and it simultaneous reputation for a family-oriented environment is what attracted Mr. Zamlout to Genova Burns.
- Pace University, Pace International Law Review, Junior Associate, Note and Comment Editor (2016-18)
- Pace University, William C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Team, Competitor and Captain (2016-18)
- Pace University, Dean’s List (all semesters)
- Pace University, Extern, Federal Judicial Honors Externship Program
- Pace University, Participant, Second Circuit Project
- Pace University, Finalist, Homburger Award for Most Outstanding Student
- Pace University, Moot and Trial Skills Director, Oral Advocacy Honor Board,
- Pace University, Dean’s Scholar
- Pace University, Student Coach, Judith S. Kaye Arbitration Competition
- Binghamton University, Paul J. Battaglia Outstanding Student Leader of the Year Award