Genova Burns LLC, one of the top law firms serving New Jersey and the greater Northeast, announced today that it has added nine attorneys to the firm’s roster as Associates. The addition of these attorneys marks the latest expansion of the firm in an array of focus areas, mainly Labor Law, and demonstrates its ongoing commitment to diversity in the law profession.
“We are pleased to welcome our new colleagues to the Genova Burns family, and we look to each of them to contribute greatly to the success of the firm and to make a positive impact on our clients. The Firm remains committed to expanding our staff of legal experts in a way that assists us in meeting and exceeding client expectations,” said Angelo Genova, Esq., Co-Founder, Managing Partner, and Chairman of Genova Burns LLC. “This latest round of new associates represents a number of law specialties where we see the greatest client need, while also reinforcing our desire to move away from the stereotypical law firm and provide the most diverse team of knowledgeable and dedicated attorneys in the region.”
These new attorneys and their area of focus include:
- Mohamed Barry (Rutgers Law School, 2015) is a member of the Firm’s Labor Law Practice Group, joining the Firm following service as a Deputy Attorney General in the Office of the Attorney General in Newark.
- Eric D. Engelman (Fordham Law, 2015) is a member of the Firm’s Labor Law Practice Group representing management in all aspects of labor relations, including arbitration and collective bargaining. He joins Genova Burns following time as Assistant General Counsel in the New York City Office of Labor Relations.
- Latiqua M. Liles (Rutgers Law School, 2018), a member of the Firm’s Employment Law Practice Group, joins Genova Burns following her most recent experience as a Judicial Law Clerk and Court-Certified Mediator for the Essex County Superior Court.
- Young-Ji Park (Rutgers Law School, 2010) is a member of Genova Burns’ Commercial and Business Transactional Law Group, joining the Firm from the New York-based Local Initiatives Support Corporation where she most recently served as Associate General Counsel.
- Daniel Pierre (Rutgers Law School, 2015) is a member of the Firm’s Labor Law Practice Group, joining the Firm following service as a Deputy Attorney General in the Office of the Attorney General in Trenton.
- Sharina Rodriguez (Rutgers Law School, 2019) is a member of the Firm’s Employment Law & Litigation Practice, joining Genova Burns following a tenure as a paralegal at a firm specializing in criminal defense and municipal court matters.
- Leonard S. Spinelli (Brooklyn Law School, 2009) is a member of Genova Burns’ Labor Law and Employment Law & Litigation Practice Groups. He comes to the firm following time as the Deputy Attorney General in New Jersey’s Employment Litigation Section, now known as State Police, Employment and Corrections.
- Saher Tariq (Rutgers Law School, 2018) is a member of the Commercial Real Estate & Redevelopment Practice Group, and joined Genova Burns following time as a law clerk specializing in real estate closings, contracts, easements, lease renewals, and hold harmless agreements, among others.
- Christopher Zamlout (Pace University’s Elisabeth Haub School of Law, 2018), a member of the Firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group, joins Genova Burns following a tenure as the Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable David B. Katz of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
Genova Burns also remains committed to the City of Newark. Ten years ago, when a number of Newark law firms were leaving the City for the suburbs, Genova Burns was one of the first to move to Newark, leaving its Livingston headquarters, in order to be an active part of the City’s urban renaissance. Whether active as volunteers or as members of an array of boards of directors, many of the Firm’s attorneys and members of its staff are directly involved in city agencies or Newark-based not-for-profit organizations.
About Genova Burns
Founded over 30 years ago, Genova Burns works with companies, individuals, and business interests regionally, nationally and internationally on matters in New Jersey and the Northeast Corridor between New York and Washington D.C. The Firm provides a comprehensive offering of exceptional legal services complemented by the responsiveness, resources and collective expertise often found at larger firms, all while serving clients in a personal, relationship-focused manner.
Tags: Genova Burns LLC • Angelo J. Genova • Mohamed Barry • Eric D. Engelman • Latiqua M. Liles • Young-Ji Park • Daniel Pierre • Sharina Rodriguez • Leonard S. Spinelli • Saher Tariq • Christopher Zamlout