Unique in the tri-state region, Genova Burns has a Practice Group which specializes in the representation of business entities which compete for public contracts from local, county and state governments, agencies and authorities and from bi-state agencies. From the RFQ/RFP stage, through bid award and final performance, our interdisciplinary group of attorneys has extensive experience in the following aspects of the government procurement process:
- Legal analysis of RFQ/RFP and eligibility criteria;
- Bid protest litigation and appeals at the administrative level and in the state and federal courts;
- Government investigations, claims and audits;
- Contract amendment, termination and suspension/debarment matters;
- Legal aspects of lobbying and political contribution activity of current or prospective public vendors (see Corporate Political Activity Law Practice Group);
- Procurement integrity and compliance programs;
- Ancillary legal aspects of public contracts, including pay-to-play rules, MBE/WBE eligibility, project labor agreements, public-private partnerships and other issues.
Contact: Jennifer Borek, Esq.
Chair, Procurement Law, Government Contract Compliance & Bid Protest Litigation Practice Group