Genova Burns is pleased to announce that six of the firm's attorneys have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 (a trademark of Woodward/White, Inc.). In addition, Judson M. Stein, Esq. has been selected as a 2020 "Lawyer of the Year" in the Newark metropolitan area in the area of Trusts & Estates law.
- Angelo J. Genova, Esq., Chairman, has been listed consecutively for over 30 years in Commercial Litigation, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law Management, and Litigation – Labor and Employment.
- Judson M. Stein, Esq. is Chair of the Trusts & Estates Practice and a Partner in the Non-Profit & Tax Exempt Organizations Practice and has been listed consecutively for over 15 years in Litigation – Trusts & Estates. Mr. Stein was also named the Best Lawyers® 2019 Trusts & Estates Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Newark, NJ.
- Kathleen Barnett Einhorn, Esq. is Chair of the firm’s Complex Commercial Litigation and Intellectual Property Law Practices and a Partner in the Procurement Law, Government Contract Compliance & Bid Protest Litigation, Employment Law & Litigation, Education Law, and White Collar Criminal Defense, Corporate Internal Investigations & Corporate Ethics Practices. Ms. Einhorn has been listed in Commercial Litigation for over 5 years.
- Jennifer Mazawey, Esq. is a Partner in the Commercial Real Estate & Redevelopment, Construction Law & Litigation, Education Law, Environmental Law, and Land Use & Approvals Practices, and has been listed in Real Estate Law since 2015.
- James J. McGovern, III, Esq. is Chair of the Labor Law and Alcohol & Regulated Products Law Practices and has been listed consecutively for over 15 years in Employment Law – Management and Labor Law – Management.
- John C. Petrella, Esq. is Chair of the Employment Law & Litigation Practice. Mr. Petrella has been listed consecutively for over 10 years in Employment Law – Management and Labor Law – Management.
The selection of lawyers for inclusion in Best Lawyers is based on a comprehensive annual peer-review survey in which leading attorneys cast their votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. The complete methodology is available here.