Partner Judson M. Stein will moderate and Associate Lauren M. Ahern will speak at a New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) program entitled “Will Drafting Fundamentals" on June 1st.
This fundamental program is designed for general practitioners, new attorneys, and support staff who have little or no experience in Will drafting and will guide you step-by-step through the will-drafting process. It starts with the initial client interview and the ethical considerations you need to keep in mind while conducting it. Attendees will learn what questions to ask and how to ask them. From there, attendees will then learn how to decide which options work best for individual clients and get different sample drafting ideas. Finally, discover the proper way to prepare the final document for execution. Attendees will be able to see how seasoned estate planning attorneys fashion a Will - clause by clause. Click the below attachment for more information.
- The initial client interview and ethical considerations - Lauren M. Ahern, Esq.
- Sample Annotated Simple Will, including the proper execution of a Will - Deirdre R. Wheatley-Liss, Esq.
- Summary of Federal and New Jersey Death Taxes - Judson M. Stein, Esq.
- Basic Testamentary Estate Planning - Brian D. Reynolds, Esq.
- Special Situations (e.g. same sex couples, 2nd marriages, disabled beneficiaries, unmarried cohabitants, family businesses, pets) - Tara S. Sinha, Esq.
NJ CLE INFORMATION: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4.0 hours of total CLE credit. Of these, 1.0 qualify as hours of credit for ethics/professionalism.