On Friday, December 6, Partner Patrick McGovern and Associates Gina M. Schneider and Phillip M. Rofsky will present a breakfast forum for the Hudson County Chamber of Commerce entitled Breakfast for Business - Making Sense of the Affordable Care Act. Whether you call it “Obamacare” or the “ACA”, provisions of the Affordable Care Act are now in effect and others will take effect in the very near future. Are you ready for how the ACA will impact your business and employee benefits plans?
The discussion will address:
- Which employers and employer groups are covered by ACA?
- What factors determine whether an employee is covered by ACA?
- As new employees are hired, what standards apply to determine whether and when they are covered by ACA?
- What duties does an ACA-covered employer have to its ACA-eligible employees?
- Does your group health plan qualify as a grandfathered plan or a self-insured plan and if so, what are the benefits?
- With all the delays in implementation of ACA, what are the current compliance deadlines?
- What tax credits and penalties might a business be subject to for complying or not complying with ACA?
This event will be held at the Culinary Conference Center at Hudson County Community College at 161 Newkirk Street in Jersey City and is FREE to Chamber members. Nonmembers must pay registration fee of $25 in advance. Registration includes Continental Breakfast. Click here to register.
Mr McGovern, Ms. Schneider and Mr Rofsky are members of the firm’s Labor Law Practice Group, with expertise in Employee Benefits issues.
Tags: Affordable Care Act • Obamacare • Employee Benefits