Thursday, December 12, 2019 - 12:00 PM
Please join David P. Cooke, Esq., Of Counsel to Genova Burns LLC as he joins a panel of his esteemed colleagues teaching attorneys about Aviation Law. This Seminar, presented by NJICLE, has been approved by the Board on continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 3.0 hours of total CLE credits.
This 2 hour seminar will familiarize attorneys with the latest developments that are most likely to impact the complex area of Aviation Law. Some of these topics include:
- The Montreal Convention: The unification of the different treaty regimes covering airline liability that developed haphazardly since 1929.
- Aircraft Purchasing and Financing: Banks treat aviation a little differently. When its time to find financing, the lending institutions look at more than just income and credit history.
- FAA Administrative Proceedings: Learn how to navigate these proceedings and how the Enforcement Division of the Federal Aviation Administration initiates legal enforcement actions to address noncompliance by regulated entities and persons including certificate actions, civil penalty actions, and informal procedures and settlements.
- Cyber security/ data protection and the Airlines: Aviation data systems protect the data – and lives! – of millions of passengers, yet many of these commercial organizations have not yet implemented a system for managing the risk of cyber attacks. There is work to be done in the aviation field to safeguard user data, protect intellectual property. And protect and defend aircraft and passengers from harm.
- Aircraft Certification: FAA rules and procedures for properly preparing documents for FAA recordation.
Attorneys will come away with a better understanding of aviation law in its entirety, whether they are just starting or continuing their aviation practice. To register for the webinar, please click here.
For more information on David P. Cooke, Esq. or to see how he can assist your aviation clients, please contact him.