- Become familiar with upcoming changes to local pay-to-play ordinances (such as the adoption of the increasingly stringent Jersey City Ordinance).
- Re-familiarize yourself with changes to county pay-to-play ordinances that occurred within the past year (i.e., adoption of the Bergen County Ordinance and rescission of the Monmouth County Ordinance ).
- Obtain a working knowledge of New Jersey’s statewide Executive Branch pay-to-play restrictions as the 2013 gubernatorial election season kicks into high gear.
- Remain apprised of ELEC’s efforts for pay-to-play reform.
- Become aware of increases to New Jersey contribution limits in anticipation of the upcoming 2013 elections.
- Adopt a company political activity compliance policy and train relevant employees on the scope of that policy.
- Resolve to live by compliance in every aspect of political contribution review and decision-making, for neglect of compliance almost inevitably leads to corporate disaster.
Tag: New Jersey