David Cooke To Present "General Aviation for the Private (Personal) Pilot and Aircraft Operator – Governing Law, Rewards, and Risks" Webcast For Lawline
January 19, 2024
Genova Burns Of Counsel and Aviation & Aircraft Law Practice Chair David P. Cooke, Esq. will present a Lawline webcast entitled, "General Aviation for the Private (Personal) Pilot and Aircraft Operator – Governing Law, Rewards, and Risks" on January 23rd streaming live at 2:00PM EST. This course is categorized as intermediate and there is no cost to attend.
The course is designed for lawyers who want to know the legal regime that applies when becoming a pilot and operating your own aircraft, whether as an owner or renter. The course will center on compliance with the Federal aviation regulations and other laws and regulations and understanding how to insure against and manage the risks associated with and how one can derive enormous pleasure from private general aviation.
- Identify the various levels of the pilot privileges available in the U.S.
- Discuss what level of pilot license is appropriate for an individual who desires to fly her own aircraft, and how to obtain the necessary license and medical certificate.
- Identify the means of acquiring or renting an aircraft and meeting the regulations governing aircraft operation and maintenance.
- Review the risks associated with private (personal) general aviation and how to insure against and manage the risks.
- Describe the enormous rewards of flying as a pilot in an aircraft under your exclusive control.
This webcast has been approved for 1.2 General CLE credits. Topics covered in this course: aviation, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and transportation.
To register, please click here.
Commitment to Growth. Compliance with Purpose.
Lawline is "dedicated to helping you take charge of your professional growth and provide you with the opportunity to live and breathe the reason you are an attorney. With timely, relevant subject matter that covers a broad range of practice areas, our platform transforms traditional Continuing Legal Education (CLE) compliance into practical knowledge that accelerates your ability to grow and serve."
To access their Diversity Statement please click here.