Rebecca Moll Freed to Present Program for the Associated Construction Contractors of New Jersey
February 11, 2020
Partner Rebecca Moll Freed, Esq. will present a complimentary half-day interactive program for the Associated Construction Contractors of New Jersey entitled, "Is Your Company RFP-Ready?" on February 25th aimed to help attendees understand, develop and comply with best practices related to RFPs, Vendor Codes of Ethics, and MBE, WBE and DBE Requirements.
Ms. Freed will explain how to:
- Understand applicable disclosure and certification requirements;
- Understand and develop template responses to standard RFP forms and questionnaires to ensure consistency and accuracy of responses;
- Develop and implement a robust Vendor Code of Ethics (taking government entity specific requirements into effect);
- Train management and relevant employees on the Vendor Code of Ethics;
- Develop and implement an RFP review and preparation process to ensure all information is accurate and no conflicts of interest exist;
- Understand and comply with laws related to political contributions and gifts and entertainment; and
- Understand the MBE, WBE and DBE requirements (whether the vendor itself is a certified company or is looking to subcontract to an MBE, WBE or DBE).
For additional information and to register, please click here.
Ms. Freed is a Partner in the firm's Newark, NJ office and Chair of the Corporate Political Activity Practice Group and the Nonprofits, Trade Associations & Tax-Exempt Organizations Practice Groups. She is also a member of the Procurement Law, Government Contracts & Bid Protest Litigation, Criminal Defense, Investigations & Compliance, and Corporate & Business Entity Governance, Ethics & Compliance Practice Groups. Through the Firm's customized Vendor Political Activity & Ethics Compliance Training & Audit Programs, Ms. Freed provides training and counseling to companies, in-house counsel and corporate ethics and compliance officers seeking to maximize government contracting opportunities while assuring their compliance with the law.
Ms. Freed also has experience with diversity in government contracting, set-asides for women and minority-owned businesses and public-private partnerships (P3s). Ms. Freed is the go-to Partner at the Firm when it comes to handling campaign finance, pay-to-play compliance, lobbying and government contracting compliance matters for Firm clients.