Gina M. Schneider is Counsel in the Newark, NJ office and is a member of the Labor Law and Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Practice groups. She represents management in numerous types of employee benefits and labor and employment law matters.
Ms. Schneider advises employers on all aspects of employee benefits law including, structuring and implementing retirement and deferred compensation plans; welfare benefit and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) programs as well as tax code compliance with respect to the above.
- Ms. Schneider represents employers and plan sponsors in state and federal courts regarding claims for benefits under pension, health and welfare plans. She also advises employers on their obligations under multi-employer benefit plans.
- Ms. Schneider represents employers on all aspects of the employer-employee relationship in union and non-union contexts including, employee acquisition; retention and termination; executive compensation, drug-testing policies; wage and hour compliance; leaves of absence as well as labor, employment and benefits issues that arise in the course of mergers, acquisitions, facility closings, business expansions and force reductions. She also negotiates project labor agreements for construction industry clients in connection with large-scale construction projects.
- “Making Sense of the Affordable Care Act,” Hudson County Chamber of Commerce, December 6, 2013
- “Affordable Care Act: Intro for Transactions Lawyers,” Inns of Court, March 12, 2014
For a description of the selection process methodology for each of the publications and organizations which have included Genova Burns LLC in their rankings or awards, please click here.
- Assisted corporate and nonprofit employers in structuring non-qualified deferred compensation plans compliant with Sections 409A and 457(f) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Defended employers and plan sponsors in judicial proceedings under state law and ERISA seeking pension, health insurance and severance pay benefits as well as pension withdrawal liability.
- Advised plan sponsors regarding health and welfare benefit plan design and compliance issues including, compliance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Medicare coordination of benefits rules.
- Represented retirement and welfare plan sponsors before the Internal Revenue Service and U.S. Department of Labor in connection with audit, plan administration and collection matters.
- Assisted plan sponsors with the termination and wind-down of 401(k) plans and final distribution of plan assets.
- Advised developers and construction companies in connection with negotiating and implementing project labor agreements with the Building and Construction Trades Councils of New York and New Jersey for large scale construction projects metropolitan areas.
- Assisted employers ensure their policies, contracts, benefits plans and wellness programs comply with employment-at-will guidelines, state and federal wage and hour laws, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Executive Order 11264 and other state and federal labor and employment laws.
- Advised employers on compliance with the federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) and related state laws in connection with facility closings and mass layoffs.
Named to Super Lawyers® listing as a New Jersey Rising Star in Labor and Employment Law in New Jersey Monthly Magazine since 2013.
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.