Brigette N. Eagan is Counsel in the Firm's Newark, NJ office and is a member of the Employment Law & Litigation, Human Resources Counseling & Compliance, and Education Law. She focuses on employment law counseling, human resources best practices, training and litigation defense. Ms. Eagan represents employers in a broad range of employment law litigation and counseling matters with an emphasis on the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, discrimination, retaliation and termination issues.
Ms. Eagan advises in-house counsel, human resource professionals and supervisors on managing their employees and the employment experience, including employee hiring practices, background checks, internal investigations, disciplinary actions and terminations. In addition, she counsels employers on disability leave and accommodations as well as wage and hour issues and is certified by the National Employment Law Institute in ADA/Rehabilitation Act compliance.
In 2013, Ms. Eagan served as editor of the New Jersey Employment Law Letter. She authored “Taking He Said-She Said to Trial," published in the October 2006 edition of In Re Magazine, a supplement to the New Jersey Lawyer.
- Successfully litigates administrative charges and complaints before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New Jersey Division on Civil Rights; New Jersey Department of Labor and Office of Federal Contractor Compliance.
- Successfully defends employers in litigation involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, whistle blowing, breach of contract and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 claims, both threatened and actual.
- Advises in-house counsel on case, risk assessment and budgetary issues.
- Defends employers in discrimination claims involving race, age, national origin, religion, disability, gender orientation, sexual orientation, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, retaliatory discharge and whistle blower allegations before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
- Conducts seminars to attorneys and human resources professionals on various labor and employment matters, including anti-discrimination and retaliation training; sensitivity and diversity training; managing employee leaves of absences, FMLA claims and hiring and the discipline and termination of employees.
- National Employment Law Institute: Certified, ADA/Rehabilitation Act Compliance, 2019 - 2020