Our Trusts and Estates Group has decades of experience in the preparation of complex wealth transfer and estate management strategies. Planning techniques of all sophistications are employed to minimize tax obligations, preserve wealth, and ensure the effective transition of assets from generation to generation.
We guide many of our clients in choosing the most efficient structures for their businesses which achieve not only a planning goal, but also encourage the orderly continuation of operations post-death. Our group assists our clients by analyzing the present and future tax implications of their estate plans and asset structures while remaining cognizant of personal and family circumstances that require equal consideration to provide principled and sound advice.
Our attorneys advise and assist our clients with the administration of their loved one’s estates, including matters of probate, asset collection, debt satisfaction, filing obligations (including Federal and State Estate and Inheritance Tax Returns) and final distribution and settlement. We offer expert advice and representation in litigated estate matters such as contested probates, removals of a fiduciary, and estate and trust accounting matters.
Additionally, we understand the specific needs of the elder community and work with our clients and their families to ensure proper planning and protections are in place. This includes planning for disabled clients or those with special needs, long term care planning, and guardianship matters when a loved one is unable to care for themselves.
Our trust, estate, and wealth transfer services include:
- Living Trusts
- Charitable Giving Trusts (i.e., Charitable Lead Trusts, Charitable Remainder Trusts)
- Irrevocable Gift Trusts
- Generation Skipping Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs)
- Income and Annuity Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs)
- Planning with Private Annuities and Self-Cancelling Installment Notes
- Business Succession Planning (i.e., Buy/Sell Agreements, corporate restructuring)
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs)
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts
- Business formation, planning, and selection
- Intra-family asset Sales and Purchases
- Long term care planning
- Advance Health Care Directives (Living Wills) and Powers of Attorney
- Probate of Wills and appointment of intestate administrators
- Post-mortem tax planning
- Administration of decedent’s estates
- Estate and trust funding and asset distribution
- Preparation of Federal and State Estate and Inheritance Tax Returns
- Will contests and other estate controversies
- Corporate reorganizations
- Advice regarding Qualified Retirement Plans (i.e., IRAs, 401(k)s)
- Guardianships and related matters