We have a market leading Election Law Practice. We provide invaluable counsel on all aspects of political law, local and state campaign finance, lobbying and government relations. Our clients include:
- Trade associations
- 501(c) organizations
- Candidates and public officials
- 527 leadership PACs and super PACs
- Political parties and contributors
We counsel our clients on sensitive issues, compliance programs and audits, advising them on the laws governing political activity, including:
- The Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA)
- The Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA)
- U.S. House of Representatives, Senate and Office of Government Ethics rules
- Federal pay-to-play rules, including U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Rule 275.206(4)-5 and Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) Rule G-37
- State campaign finance and ethics regulation
- Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
Our clients look to us for assistance with:
- Forming political action committees (including Super PACs) and PAC governance and compliance
- Drafting organizational political law compliance programs and policies
- Training for corporate executives and lobbyists on political law compliance
- Government affairs compliance audits to identify and resolve vulnerability with regard to internal controls and compliance practices related to political fundraising and lobbying
We assist clients with questions and challenges to political laws, defense and amicus briefs before state and federal courts; state and federal agencies, such as the Federal Election Commission (FEC), the House and Senate Ethics Committees; the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) and numerous state agencies.
We serve varied constituencies in industries, including:
- Professional Services
- Energy and Utilities
- Hotels and Restaurants
- Government Contractors
- Pharmaceuticals and Medical Technology
- Real Estate, Construction and Engineering
- Retail and eCommerce
- Transportation, Shipping, Trucking and Logistics
In addition to our high-profile enforcement practice, we advise corporations, trade associations, political committees, PACs, candidates, lobbyists and lobbying firms with respect to compliance and laws governing the political process. These include state and federal campaign finance, lobbying disclosure and ethics laws.
Given our experience with local, state and federal “pay to play” laws, we are the go-to election law firm in the region. Our many high-profile clients turn to us for assistance with pay-to-play and compliance matters.
In addition, we have a wealth of experience conducting confidential internal investigations as well as managing the fallout from such investigations. Our client representation is enhanced by our seasoned experience in enforcement and litigation of political matters.