- Political or lobbying contributions of more than $500 must be disclosed within 48 hours.
- Any and all covered contributions to a PAC, “lobbying 501(c)(3)”, other 501(c) organization, political committee, or political party over $500 should be disclosed within 48 hours, and within 24 hours near Election Day.
- Expand and clarify the types of political communications that must be reported to and filed with the Board of Elections by candidates, labor organizations, corporations political committees, and other entities as well as the contributions made to the entities that paid for such communications
- Lower contribution limits, including aggregate party committee and individual limits
- Close corporate subsidiary loophole
- Increase disclosure of independent expenditures, including clarifying distinction between political advocacy and issue advocacy
- Strong enforcement regime
- Public financing system modeled after the New York City Campaign Finance Program.
Tag: New York State