- Learn the necessary disclaimers that every employee handbook must contain in order to avoid potential legal trouble.
- Recognize the many intricacies of the Fair Labor Standards Act, so that employers can stop problems before they happen.
- Understand how the Family Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act intertwine in issues with employee leave.
- Know what accommodations are considered reasonable when an injured worker returns to the workplace.
- Properly document and manage discrimination complaints to ensure that both employers and employees are properly protected in case of lawsuits.
- Effectively monitor employee communications and internet use in an ethical and legally compliant manner.
Partner Patrick W. McGovern will present at a National Business Institute seminar entitled “Human Resource Law from A to Z” from February 11th – 12th in Philadelphia, PA. This seminar will help attendees to get a handle on the complicated issues that arise in the day-to-day operations of any human resources department. This extensive two-day course lead will cover all of the hot-button issues regarding human resources law of interest to HR professionals, attorneys and paralegals. Topics that will be covered include: