The ABC's of CBD
An Exclusive Cross-Pollination Event
Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 4:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- 4:30-5:30 Networking and refreshments
- 5:30-6:30 Panel discussions
- 6:30 Question / Answer
Everyone’s talking about CBD, which seems to be sold everywhere. I want in on the action! It’s legal right? I read about the 2018 Farm Bill; however, I also heard about the Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission telling producers that certain conduct is impermissible. What gives on the difference? If hemp was made legal under the 2018 Farm Bill, and hemp is different from cannabis, does that mean that there are no regulations or rules that apply and can I sell into any state I want? Is there anything big I should be aware of in terms of starting or investing in a CBD business? What should I avoid saying or doing when marketing my CBD products? Is there anything else I should know that I don’t?
Genova Burns LLC
494 Broad Avenue
Newark, New Jersey 07102
The answer to the above questions and more will be discussed in depth by industry experts and practitioners within the cannabis/hemp law team of Genova Burns LLC, including:
- Jacob Sharpe, partners with champion boxer Mikey Garcia and an owner and operator of Pound For Pound health and wellness subscription box service providing high-quality CBD products in convenient and affordable bundles shipped directly to the consumer each month;
- Brad Gengler, representative of Sentia Wellness/Social CBD, a processor and wholesaler;
- Justin Zaremba, lead reporter for NJ Cannabis Insider;
- Michael C. McQueeny, Esq., Co-Chair of Genova Burns LLC Cannabis Group and regulatory and application specialist;
- Jennifer Roselle, Esq., Co-Chair of Genova Burns LLC Cannabis Group and experienced in the labor issues associated with the industry;
- Charles J. Messina, Esq., Co-Chair of Genova Burns LLC Cannabis Group and well-versed in issues related to CBD;
- Keith A. Krauss, Esq., member of Genova Burns LLC Cannabis Group and Chair of the Corporate Law and Business Transactions and Intellectual Property Practice Groups; and
- William F. Harrison, Esq. member of Genova Burns LLC Cannabis Group and Chair of the Environmental Law and Land Use & Approvals Practice Group.
In particular, panels at this event will address: (1) impact of the 2018 farm bill; (2) starting a CBD business; (3) banking difficulties; (4) interstate sales; (5) patchwork regulatory environment; (6) how the States have addressed regulation; (7) what federal regulations might look like; (8) CBD marketing; (9) business formation and governance helpful hints, and areas of concern associated with raising capital; and (10) land use considerations.
This industry is dynamic and ever evolving. The above touches on some of the issues to be addressed during the panel-portion of the event. We look forward to otherwise connecting our select clients and invitees with others who have been getting their hands dirty in the weeds for some time and are plugged in on the latest and most innovative aspects of the marketplace.