Celia S. Bosco is Counsel with the firm and specializes in Appellate Law, Complex Commercial Litigation, and Employment Litigation.
Ms. Bosco regularly handles appeals and litigation involving complex and often novel issues of law. She has represented private and public sector clients in a wide range of civil matters, including employment disputes; civil rights litigation; election contests; municipal law; traditional labor law; unemployment law; commercial disputes; real estate disputes; and public procurement issues. She has argued numerous appeals in both the New Jersey Supreme Court and the New Jersey Appellate Division.
Ms. Bosco also has represented multiple New Jersey municipalities in the defense of commercial and residential tax appeal cases at the County and State levels. Her broad-based experience includes providing general counsel to a New Jersey municipality in matters involving local governance and legislation, OPRA/OPMA, the Local Government Contracts Law, “Pay-to-Play”, land use matters, tort claims, local government ethics, and personnel policies and procedures.
Ms. Bosco also has extensive experience in health and hospital law representing providers in the acute and long-term care industries in matters involving managed care, regulatory approvals, fraud and abuse, medical staff disputes, medical guardianships, corporate governance, corporate compliance, employment counseling and litigation, hospital-physician contracting and vendor contracting.
Ms. Bosco serves as Vice-Chair of the NJSBA’s Appellate Practice Special Committee. She formerly served as an appointed member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on The Unauthorized Practice of Law for 9 years (2009-2018) . In addition, Ms. Bosco is a member of the Women in the Profession and Local Government Law sections of the New Jersey State Bar Association. She has held numerous leadership positions within the firm, including serving as a practice group head and former Chair of the firm’s Hiring Committee.
For a description of the selection process methodology for each of the publications and organizations which have included Genova Burns LLC in their rankings or awards, please click here.
- Played a key role in the firm’s successful defense of a challenge by a national political committee to vacate a consent decree entered to combat minority voter suppression.
- Successfully secured summary judgment on behalf of a hospital in a breach of contract and regulatory dispute with a Managed Medicaid HMO pertaining to reimbursement for emergency services.
- Obtained approvals from the New Jersey Attorney General for the sale of two non-profit community hospitals to for-profit purchasers under the NJ Community Health Care Assets Protection Act.
- Was a key part of the appellate teams that successfully defended challenges to the 2001 and 2011 New Jersey legislative apportionment maps.
- Represented acute care hospitals in managed care negotiations with a number of large commercial payers and counseled hospitals on managed care laws and regulations addressing, among other things, prompt payment of claims, underpayments, chargemaster disputes, and utilization management appeals.
- Represented hospitals and senior executives in the defense of employment discrimination claims and claims brought under the Americans with Disabilities Act.