We take a multi-disciplinary approach to protect employers’ trade secrets and confidential information ranging from chemical formulas to customer lists. We are engaged in many industries including payroll and human resources service companies, pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, real estate companies, car dealerships, auto body shops, banks, hotels, facility management companies, engineering firms, construction companies and hair salons and spas.
We regularly litigate trade secret and unfair competition matters. We have had the privilege of working on many of the leading trade secret, unfair competition, restrictive covenant, and non-compete litigations in the New Jersey area over the last ten years.
- We draft employment agreements with restrictive covenants and non-competes, stock option agreements with restrictive covenants and non-competes, stand alone agreements, or severance agreements which contain these restrictions.
- We are at the forefront of the law given our successful litigations on behalf of clients. As a result, we are often asked to opine of the legality and enforceability of clients' restrictive covenant and non-compete agreements on a state-by-state and national level, and to revise them as necessary.
- We are engaged by companies to file emergent litigations, based on violations of restrictive covenants, non-compete agreements, the common law and state and federal statutes regarding unfair competition including orders to show cause, applications for temporary injunctions, and applications for preliminary injunctions in state and federal court in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
- While many cases in this area of law settle early in the process, our firm is unique compared to other law firms in this area in that we routinely go to trial on liability and/or damages cases.
- We work with employers seeking to either protect their trade secret and confidential information or who are defending claims related to their hire of employees who may have restrictive covenant or non-compete obligations.
- We negotiate restrictive covenants and non-compete agreements for senior executives in their employment and severance agreements.
Harris S. Freier
John C. Petrella
Kathleen Barnett Einhorn
Dina M. Mastellone