Genova Burns is pleased to announce that the firm has welcomed six new Associates to its robust roster of talent.
“We are happy to welcome our 2013 Class of new Associates,” said Managing Partner Brian W. Kronick. “Genova Burns aims to hire the very best in legal talent, and these six individuals will admirably contribute to and affirm our position as one of the preeminent law firms in the region.”
Genova Burns is proud to welcome the following Associates:
• Peter A. DiMatteo – (Business Law & Commercial Transactions Practice Group) Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. DiMatteo served as a Law Clerk to Lucinda P. Long, Senior Vice-President and General Counsel of Valley National Bank, where he conducted legal research and analysis on several banking topics. He also once served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Thomas V. Manahan of the Morris County Superior Court. Mr. DiMatteo earned a Bachelor of Science degree, magna cum laude, in Finance from the Rutgers Business School in 2010. He received his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Rutgers University School of Law in May 2013 and was elected to the Order of the Coif.
• Allison B. Gotfried – (Labor Law Practice Group) Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Gotfried served as a Law Clerk at the United States Department of Labor, Officer of the Solicitor, where she participated in litigation and researched essential topics such as prevailing wage laws, recordkeeping and affirmative defenses to discrimination lawsuits. While obtaining her degree, she also participated in an externship at the Center for Popular Democracy and served as an intern at the Office of the Attorney General for the State of New York. Ms. Gotfried earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, in Political Science from Barnard College in 2008. She received her Juris Doctor degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in June 2013.
• Alix James – (Corporate Political Activity and Commercial Real Estate & Redevelopment Practice Groups) Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. James served as a Legal Intern for the Office of the Attorney General for the State of New Jersey. There she aided and assisted in investigations into health care fraud by conducting research and producing memoranda. She also once served as a Legal Intern for the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey. Ms. James earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, in History from Vanderbilt University in 2007. She received her Juris Doctor degree from Rutgers University School of Law in May 2013.
• Michael C. McQueeny – (Commercial Litigation Practice Group) Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. McQueeny served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Patricia K. Costello, Assignment Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Essex County, where he researched and drafted memoranda on motions and cases before the court. While obtaining his degree, he held a Research Assistant position with Villanova University School of Law Professor Doris Brogan and served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Dennis M. Cavanaugh, U.S.D.J. Mr. McQueeny earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Syracuse University in 2008. He received his Juris Doctor degree from Villanova University School of Law in May 2012.
• Julia Ard O’Halloran – (Employment Law & Litigation Practice Group) Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. O’Halloran served as a Law Clerk for the Connecticut State Department of Education where she co-drafted sections of Connecticut’s ESEA waiver to No Child Left Behind. She also served as a Research Assistant for University of Virginia School of Law Professor Deena Hurwitz, where she worked on briefing papers, assisted in the formation of memoranda and researched materials for seminars and talks. Ms. O’Halloran earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Policy from University of North Carolina in 2009. She received her Juris Doctor degree from University of Virginia School of Law in May 2013.
• David A. Tango – (Labor Law Practice Group) Mr. Tango is a member of the Labor Law Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Tango served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Peter G. Sheridan, U.S.D.J., where he assisted Judge Sheridan in drafting opinions and orders and preparing for trials and hearings. Prior to clerking, Mr. Tango was an associate in the New York office of a national labor and employment firm, where he represented employers in a broad range of labor and employment law matters. Mr. Tango earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, summa cum laude, in History and Communications from St. Peter’s University (formerly St. Peter’s College) in 2002. He received his Juris Doctor degree from Fordham University School of Law in 2007.
For the full press release, please click here.