Angela Pan is Of Counsel in the Corporate Law & Business Transactions and the Commercial Real Estate & Redevelopment Practice Groups. She is one of the few native Chinese professionals in the legal and finance fields with educational and legal experience in the United States, China and Taiwan. Ms. Pan advises Chinese companies planning to invest in North America as well as North American companies seeking growth opportunities in China.
Working with multinational clients in a multicultural business environment has allowed Ms. Pan to provide clients with both legal opinions and savvy business advice in cross-border transactions. She is an admitted attorney in New York, China and Taiwan and has completed all three levels of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams.
Ms. Pan began her career as a civil servant and litigation lawyer in Taiwan. In New York, she worked at general practice law firms before joining the commercial real estate landing team at a leading Taiwanese bank where she spearheaded portfolio management.
In Beijing, she was a corporate lawyer at a U.S-based law firm, later becoming senior counsel at a Chinese law firm.
Corporate Law & Business Transactions, Energy & Utility Law,
Financial Services, Retail , Real Estate
For a description of the selection process methodology for each of the publications and organizations which have included Genova Burns LLC in their rankings or awards, please click here.
- Advised a Chinese company on partnering with a U.S. business to acquire a hotel in New Jersey.
- Conducted due diligence for various Chinese state-owned companies and handled transactions involving mergers and acquisitions on their behalf. These include multi-billion-dollar asset acquisitions for Chinese national oil companies.
- Led and closed multi-million-dollar commercial real estate loans and managed a commercial real estate loan portfolio for a leading Taiwanese bank in the United States.
- Advised private Chinese companies on joint venture projects with U.S. corporations.
- Provided advice on expanding the footprint of various Taiwanese companies into China and counseled them on numerous transactional matters.