Albert Mezzaroba is Of Counsel in the Firm’s Camden, NJ and Philadelphia, PA offices and a member of the Employment Law & Litigation and Labor Law Practice Groups. Mr. Mezzaroba began his career in Philadelphia, where he has an extensive background in business, law and government, handling a wide variety of civil and criminal matters and developing a robust practice in election code law.
Mr. Mezzaroba also has more than 15 years of management experience with public and private entities.
Employment Law & Litigation, Labor Law, Health & Hospital Law,
For a description of the selection process methodology for each of the publications and organizations which have included Genova Burns LLC in their rankings or awards, please click here.
- Served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Lower Bucks Hospital, leading their exit from Chapter 11 while successfully negotiating with various classes of creditors. Mr. Mezzaroba led a team of professionals to market Lower Bucks Hospital to potential buyers while simultaneously turning the business around, saving nearly 1,000 jobs.
- Served as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority from 2003 until 2008, where he oversaw an annual operating budget of $22 million. In addition to leading overall strategy, planning, staffing, marketing, direction, organization, and operations of the existing facility, Mr. Mezzaroba negotiated a groundbreaking labor agreement that significantly reduced union labor problems and measurably reversed the prior reputation of the Center, enabling its ultimate expansion.
- As Chief Counsel to the City Council of Philadelphia, served as the advisor to the City Council President on policy and political matters. Mr. Mezzaroba evaluated all legislation presented to the Council, including annual operating and capital budgets. In that role, Mr. Mezzaroba led negotiations that resulted in the building of Lincoln Financial Field and Citizen’s Bank Park, the homes of the NFL Eagles and MLB Phillies, respectively.
- Served as part of the Council team evaluating all bond deals for the City and its agencies.
- Played an instrumental role in driving the passage of the 10-year tax abatement for new construction, which has since been recognized as the single greatest factor in the current housing boom in Philadelphia.