Firm Partner and Co-Founder James M. Burns and Partner John R. Vreeland will present a webinar entitled “Risk Alert to Employers: New Jersey Takes Aim at Independent Contractor Relationships” on Wednesday, May 15th from 10:30 to 11:30 am. The webinar, presented by Marquis Transportation Services in partnership with Genova Burns LLC, will educate transportation company employees on how to deal with New Jersey’s new independent owner-operator business model and the effect of potential state legislation on that model.
• The Federal Picture on Independent Contractor Relationships
• State Trends in the Owner-Operator Business Model
• New Jersey is Seeking to Upend the Status Quo
• Effective Repeal of Trucking Industry Exemptions
• Misclassification Task Force
• Accounting Profession Initiative
• Anti-Wage Theft Legislation
• How Companies Can Protect Themselves in this Changing Environment
For more information and to register, please click here.