Genova Burns LLC, a regional mid-sized law firm, is seeking an experienced Litigation Assistant for its Newark, New Jersey office. We are currently working a hybrid schedule with two days per week in the office and three days remote. For more information about the firm, please visit us at our website www.genovaburns.com.
- Formatting briefs, pleadings, correspondence and other legal documents.
- Preparation of Table of Authorities and Table of Contents.
- Filing/e-filing of legal documents with state and federal courts.
- Regularly and accurately proofreads all documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Updating and maintaining client files.
- Maintaining attorney calendars through Outlook (i.e. scheduling appointments, calendaring due dates, etc.).
- Accurately enters, reviews and revises timekeeper timesheets including consistent identification of litigation codes, when applicable.
- Preparing attorney reimbursements and mileage.
- Providing full administrative support to assigned attorneys.
- Reviewing and ensuring accuracy of vendor invoices; prepare accurate check requests and timely submit invoices for payment to client or accounting.
- Participates in the timely review and submission of pre-bills and/or client bills.
- Possesses a strong understanding and abides by the policies and procedures of the firm.
- Maintains an exceptional customer service attitude and demeanor at all times.
- Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and is approachable.
- Adapts well to fluctuations in workload and changes in responsibilities.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in high-stress situations.
- Presents written communications that are concise and accurate.
- Exhibits confident and professional verbal communication skills.
- Effectively communicates with clients and vendors.
- Answers questions clearly and thoroughly.
- Contributes to an atmosphere of teamwork and congeniality.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of document management systems, preferably iManage.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Attendance & Punctuality: Be consistently at work and on time; arrive at meetings and appointments on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Communication: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer Service: Respond promptly to attorney and client requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Dependability: Follow instructions; complete tasks on time; commit to the hours necessary to complete assignments; work independently.
- Professionalism: Approach others in a tactful manner; treat others with respect; react well under pressure.
- Team Work: Contribute to building a positive team spirit; support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills: Possess basic PC skills; ability to use phone system, copier, scanner, fax, and printer.
- Minimum of a high school diploma required (College degree is preferred, but not required).
- Minimum of five years of experience as a legal secretary required.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000 - $70,000 a year
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: Newark
Genova Burns LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package for staff that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with match and life insurance. We also offer optional benefits such as flexible spending plans, Aflac plans and supplemental life insurance/ disability plans. Genova Burns is currently working on a hybrid schedule with two days in the office and three days remote.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.