Nicholas J. Repici is Counsel in the Firm's Camden, NJ and Philadelpia, PA offices and is a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation, Employment Law & Litigation and Labor Law Practice Groups as well as the Education and other Industry Groups. Mr. Repici has served as Labor Counsel, General Counsel and Special Litigation Counsel for numerous municipalities, school boards and other public entities throughout New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania.
Mr. Repici represents management in all types of employment litigation matters, including claims involving discrimination, harassment, hostile work environment, wrongful termination, wage and hour laws, whistle-blower activity, restrictive covenants and trade secrets. He also has extensive experience handling public and private sector collective bargaining negotiations, grievance arbitrations, unfair labor practice proceedings and employee disciplinary hearings.
Mr. Repici represents employers in connection with charges pending before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New Jersey Division on Civil Rights, New Jersey Public Employment Relations Commission, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations, among others.
Mr. Repici counsels employers regarding workplace policies and procedures, employee leave issues and wage and hour compliance. He handles complex commercial litigation involving construction; contract and business disputes; fraud and misrepresentation and public contract and bid protests.
Mr. Repici’s education law practice includes representing universities, public school districts and charter schools in matters involving tenure dismissal, non-renewal, employee disciplinary actions, employment litigation, public records disclosure, public meeting compliance, public bidding, board governance and ethical issues. He has served as general counsel and special labor counsel to numerous educational institutions.
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Durand Foundation
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Moorestown Youth Baseball Association
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a New Jersey municipality after a two-week jury trial in which an employee of the municipality alleged claims of sexual assault against the Mayor and vicarious liability against the Township under the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination.
- Obtained a jury verdict in excess of $1 million.including punitive damages, in an action asserting claims of fraud, conspiracy and breach of contract in connection with the sale and purchase of a small business.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a New Jersey law firm and its employees in connection with a wrongful foreclosure action in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. The decision was affirmed by the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Negotiated a first-of-its-kind collective bargaining agreement with a teacher’s union containing a merit pay component.
- Successfully defended a municipality at the administrative level and before the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court against wrongful termination claims filed by a police officer terminated for off-duty conduct unbecoming a public employee.
- Successfully represented a large urban school district in connection with a tenure dismissal action involving a school principal.
New Jersey Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Labor and Employment Law, 2014 to 2016.