Justine L. Abrams is an Associate in the Firm's Newark, NJ office and a member of the Employment Law & Litigation and Human Resources Counseling & Compliance Practice Groups as well as the Cannabis and other Industry Groups. Before joining the Firm, Ms. Abrams served as a legal intern for the Trial Division of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and clerked for the Hon. Joseph Paone, J.S.C.
While with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Ms. Abrams worked on federal employment law matters, including the investigation of employment discrimination claims; the assessment of federal agencies’ and private employers’ compliance with Commission regulations and preparation for depositions and court proceedings.
Ms. Abrams' publications include:
- “Cases and Materials on Employment Discrimination," 8th Ed. (2013)
- “Soft Tissue Modeling: From Dental Technique to Dental Fantasy,” NJWLA Journal (2013)
- “Public Policy Pistols” (lawprofessors.typepad.com/laborprofblog)
- “Vance Negates Staub” (lawprofessors.typepad.com/laborprofblog)
- “Workplace Privacy and Employee Monitoring,” National Business Institute, Guide to Human Resource Laws in the Workplace (November 14, 2017)
- “Welcome to The Garden State: NJ’s Law Against Discrimination Grows to Protect Non-Resident Employees,” BLR, New Jersey Employment Law Letter, Vol. 26, No. 8 (June, 2018)
- “Haze clears for NJ employers in the weeds with medical marijuana users,” BLR, New Jersey Employment Law Letter, Vol. 26, No. 12 (October, 2018)
- “The Blunt Truth About Marijuana’s Impact on the Workplace,” NJ Municipalities Magazine (December, 2018)
- Interned for the Hon. Faith S. Hochberg, U.S.D.J., U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Interned for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Seton Hall University School of Law: Hazard Zet Forward Leadership Award, W. Cary Edwards Scholarship; Editor, Seton Hall Circuit Review
- Rutgers University: Dean’s List; Paul Robeson Scholarship
- Named to the Rising Star list by the publishers of New Jersey Monthly and Super Lawyers®, 2019
- Honorable Mention for Best Headline in Employment Law Letter: "Federal Judge Clears the Haze for New Jersey Employers in the Weeds with Medical Marijuana Users"
* No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Awards/Honors Methodology.
Also of Interest
August 19, 2019