Casey R. Langel is an Associate in the Firm’s Camden, NJ office and is a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation, Labor Law and Employment Law & Litigation Practice Groups as well as the Education Industry Group. Mr. Langel represents boards of education throughout New Jersey on matters before state and federal courts, the Public Employment Relations Commission and the Office of Administrative Law.
Mr. Langel, based in the firm’s Camden, NJ office, advises on education matters, including contract interpretation, risk management, special education, school policies and board governance. He successfully defends clients in a wide range of lawsuits, including those involving, among other things, allegations of harassment, intimidation and bullying; employment discrimination; sexual harassment and wrongful termination. Mr. Langel has successfully argued cases before the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Successfully defended employers in litigation involving claims of race, gender, age, disability discrimination and related tort claims.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of claims brought against the State of New Jersey under 42 U.S.C. 1983, alleging state representatives acted with deliberate indifference toward the Constitutional rights of several plaintiffs
- Obtained dismissal and defeated an appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit on behalf of a Board of Education in a Title IX action filed by a high school basketball referee alleging a pattern of discriminatory practices.
- Defended and resolved a wrongful death action filed by the family of a high school football player who died as a result of a head injury sustained during football practice.
- Intern, Office of the Philadelphia District Attorney