Douglas E. Solomon is Chair of the Firm’s OSHA Practice Group and is a Partner in the Labor Law Practice Group.
Mr. Solomon concentrates his practice in the area of traditional labor law on behalf of management clients in both the private and public sector. His labor law experience spans a wide variety of industries, including transportation, entertainment, law enforcement, hospitals, retail, restaurants, charter schools and service industries. His transportation industry experience includes an expertise in representing clients under the Railway Labor Act and the Occupational Safety & Health Act (“OSHA”).
- Experienced practitioner in representing private sector management clients in proceedings before the NLRB, including representation, decertification, and unfair labor practice proceedings.
- Develops strategies and communications for clients to assist them in remaining union-free in the face of a union organizing campaign and avoiding unfair labor practice charges.
- Regularly counsels clients concerning preventative labor relations, union grievances and employee discipline and represents clients in grievance hearings, disciplinary hearings, and all types of administrative hearings before state and federal agencies, including the EEOC and the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
- Has served as Labor Counsel for the State of New Jersey, NJ Transit Bus, NJ Transit Rail, NJ Sports and Exposition Authority and NJ Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency between 2002 and 2010. In such capacity, he was lead labor counsel responsible for developing the strategies for collective bargaining and negotiating labor agreements with a multitude of labor unions representing over 20,000 employees.
- Served as lead labor counsel for a multitude of private sector clients and has consistently helped them to achieve superb results through collective bargaining.
In his practice, Mr. Solomon provides day-to-day advice to clients on compliance with collective bargaining agreements, as well as their obligations under state and federal labor and employment laws, including the NLRA, OSHA, Railway Labor Act, Prevailing Wage Act, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, ADEA and WARN.
Mr. Solomon currently serves as a Member of the State Advisory Council for Rutgers University School of Management and Labor Relations.
- New York, 1996
- New Jersey, 1997
University of Miami School of Law, J.D.,1995
Brandeis University, B.A.,1992