Rajiv D. Parikh is Co-Chair of the firm’s Hotel, Restaurant & Hospitality Industries Practice Group and Partner in the Cannabis Law, Complex Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, Construction Law & Litigation, Corporate Political Activity Law, and White Collar Criminal Defense, Corporate Internal Investigations & Corporate Ethics Practice Groups.
Rajiv D. Parikh, is a litigation Partner based in Genova Burns Newark, New Jersey office. He is a trial attorney with substantial experience in complex commercial disputes, intellectual property litigation, franchise disputes, technology law, large scale construction disputes and constitutional challenges. In addition, Mr. Parikh has an expertise with strategic counseling and litigation related to online reputation management, harassment and defending against internet/social media defamation campaigns.
Mr. Parikh has also been involved with a variety of election related litigations throughout New Jersey, including matters concerning the Democratic National Committee, and candidates for local, state and federal offices. He serves as general counsel to the New Jersey Democratic State Committee, and the campaigns of Senator Cory Booker, congressional candidate Roy Cho and others.
- Successfully obtained a permanent injunction against defamatory and extortionate speech in a matter of first impression in New Jersey following a three month trial.
- Defeated multiple appeals, including a Petition for a Writ of Certiorari before the United States Supreme Court in a decades old voting rights action.
- Prosecuted and resolved multiple trademark and patent infringement matters.
- Negotiated a divestiture and royalty agreement resolving four litigations throughout the country related to intellectual property rights, ownership and distribution dispute for a popular direct response marketed product for children.
- Counseled a publicly traded company regarding a targeted internet based defamation campaign impacting public relations and share price.
- Successfully obtained emergent relief on behalf of a congressional candidate against an elections’ official to release thousands of impounded ballots in highly contested race.
- Secured a six figure victory in the arbitration of a construction dispute involving a public entity.
Mr. Parikh served as a clerk to the Honorable Tonianne J. Bongiovanni, United States Magistrate Judge, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (2005-2007).
Mr. Parikh earned a Juris Doctor degree from Rutgers University School of Law in 2005. He was Editor in Chief of the Rutgers Conflict Resolution Law Journal. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers College, Rutgers University, in May, 2001, and was a representative to the University’s Board of Governors.
Mr. Parikh is a Barrister for the John C. Lifland American Inn of Court and a member of the Board of Trustees for the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey. He serves as President of the South Asian Bar Association of New Jersey, President of the APALA-NJ Foundation, and Vice-President of the Board of Directors of the Historical Society of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, as well as member of the Rutgers Municipal Attorney Training Program Advisory Board.
Mr. Parikh is committed to public service for the community, including through his positions as a member of the Board of Directors of New Jersey Needs You, and service as General Counsel to the Share & Care Foundation, and Hindu American Seva Charities.
Since 2010, Mr. Parikh has been recognized each year in New Jersey Monthly Magazine by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Litigation. Mr. Parikh is proficient in conversational Gujarati.
- New Jersey, 2005
- New York, 2008
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2005
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2008
- United States Supreme Court, 2011
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2012
- Eastern District of New York, 2014
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2017
Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 2005
Rutgers College, B.A., 2001