William F. Harrison is Chair of the Firm’s Environmental Law and Land Use & Approvals Practice Groups and a Partner in the Commercial Real Estate & Redevelopment and Alcohol & Regulated Products Law Practice Groups.
Mr. Harrison served as Policy Director and Chief Counsel of the New Jersey Office of Smart Growth, Department of Community Affairs, from 2002 to 2005. Mr. Harrison served over twenty years as Assistant Director of the New Jersey Pinelands Commission. He has been a member of the Montclair Township Zoning Board of Adjustment since 1984, and has chaired the Board since 1987. He was elected to the Montclair Charter Study Commission in 1978.
Mr. Harrison is a member of NAIOP’s Regulatory Affairs’ and Legislation Committees. He has been a frequent speaker on land use, redevelopment and environmental law. Mr. Harrison was previously a member of the New Jersey Real Estate Advisory Board that worked closely with the Governor’s Office of Economic Growth and other State Departments to encourage economic development and revitalization across the state.
- Represented developers in obtaining local approvals for major residential, commercial and mixed use projects.
- Represented developers in obtaining approvals from the Department of Environmental Protection and the Department of Transportation.
- Represented developers in obtaining approvals in the Pinelands and Highlands areas.
- Represented developers in negotiations with municipalities concerning redevelopment plans and agreements.
- Assisted in the drafting of environmental and land use legislation and regulations.
As an American Bar Association member, he belongs to the State and Local Government section, the Energy and Resources section, and the Individual Rights and Responsibilities Section. As a Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, he belongs to the Environmental Law section, the Land Use Law section, Renewable Energy, Cleantech and Climate Change Committee and the Local Government Law section. Mr. Harrison is also a member of the Essex County Bar Association.
Mr. Harrison received his Juris Doctor degree from Columbia Law School in 1974, and his Bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University in 1971.
- New Jersey, and U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1974
Columbia Law School, J.D., 1974
Georgetown University, B.S., 1971