Lauren M. Ahern is an Associate in the Firm’s Trust & Estates Practice Group.
Ms. Ahern is experienced in the design and implementation of estate planning documents including simple and complex Wills, Revocable and Irrevocable Living Trusts, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Crummey Trusts, Special Needs Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and Health Care Proxies. She has successfully managed audit requests made by relevant taxation authorities from review through settlement. Lauren has extensive experience in the counsel of fiduciaries regarding administration of estates and trusts including duties of Executors and Trustees, post mortem tax planning and State and Federal tax obligations and has successfully represented fiduciaries and beneficiaries in litigated estate matters.
• Represents and advises clients in the design of custom estate plans.
• Represents and advises Executors and Trustees in the administration of trusts and estates.
• Represents fiduciaries through audits and reviews of inheritance and estate tax returns.
•Represents and advises fiduciaries and beneficiaries through contested probate and fiduciary accounting matters.
- New Jersey, 2010
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2010
- New York, 2011
- United States Tax Court, 2015
- Pennsylvania, 2017
Boston University School of Law, Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation, 2016
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, J.D., 2010
Binghamton University, B.A., 2006