Genova Burns’s Corporate Political Activity, Government Contracts and Non-Profit and Tax-Exempt Organizations Practice Groups provide training and counseling to companies, in-house counsel and corporate ethics and compliance officers who seek to maximize government contracting opportunities while assuring compliance with the law. Our experience has confirmed that many potential traps are avoidable with proactive training of appropriate officers, board members and employees at regular intervals.
Our services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understanding the Procurement Process – We help companies assess and evaluate their current and prospective procurement opportunities. Not only do we assist clients in preparing or defending bid protests, but we help clients best position themselves to maximize their government contracting opportunities by assisting with the preparation of responsive RFPs and RFQs.
- Campaign Finance Laws – We provide an overview of applicable federal and state campaign finance laws, to whom they apply, how they operate and the ramifications for failing to comply.
- Pay-to-Play Laws – We provide an overview of state, local and federal pay-to-play restrictions and help companies determine who is covered by various pay-to-play laws. Each overview is customized to best address the client’s needs.
- Political Activity Compliance – We help companies understand the “Dos & Don’ts” of regulating employee political activity in the workplace. To avoid a violation of campaign finance and employment laws, both employers and employees need to understand what employers can and cannot regulate.
- Gift & Entertainment Restrictions – We provide an overview of gifts and entertainment restrictions applicable at the federal, state and local level, helping clients attain a working knowledge of the “Dos and Don’ts” of interacting with government officials.
- Government Ethics Laws – We help companies understand the ethical restrictions placed on government vendors, officials and employees.
- Vendor Readiness: Policy Preparation and Training – After meeting with each client to discuss individual needs, we prepare comprehensive policies and conduct trainings to assure compliance with relevant campaign finance, pay-to-play, procurement and ethics laws.
- Non-Profit Board Policies and Trainings – We can tailor any of the above components to create customized Board of Trustee policies and trainings for non-profits and their boards.
Our training, audit, and compliance programs are features of a comprehensive risk management plan. These interactive programs include prevention strategies. The programs guide attendees toward effectively handling every day workplace scenarios. Before each training session, the trainer and the client will discuss specific issues which are of concern to the client so as to ensure the training is customized to meet the client’s particular needs. In addition, often times, a review and revision of the client’s applicable policies precedes the training, allowing the program to assist in the roll out and implementation of new policies.
For more information, please contact Rebecca Moll Freed, Esq.