Our attorneys understand that the business of an increasing number of our clients is global in scope. Our immigration law attorneys assist clients in obtaining the international workforce they need to grow their businesses in the U.S., as well as prepare applications for visas, permanent residence and naturalization for our clients’ executives, managers and their family members. Our immigration law expertise includes:
- I-9 Process Compliance: we counsel businesses on compliance with federal employment eligibility requirements and provide training and perform audits to avoid expensive penalties.
- E-Verify Program: we work with clients to determine their eligibility or duty to use the E-Verify program.
- Immigration-Related Discrimination: we review hiring policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state anti-discrimination laws.
- Non-Immigrant and Permanent Residence Visa Applications and Renewals: we advise clients regarding the changing requirements for immigrant and non-immigrant visas and assist in filing and prosecuting visa applications. In particular, we assist foreign investors with applications for the EB-5 investor visa, and provide guidance and oversight on eligible investment projects to ensure that all visa requirements are met.
- Visa Compliance Audits: We assist employers, and indirectly their employees, in navigating the labyrinth of the U.S. visa requirements to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Naturalization: we prepare and submit applications on behalf of our clients and their executives or managers who seek U.S. citizenship.
For more information, please contact Patrick W. McGovern, Esq.