Firm Partner Eugene T. Paolino will moderate a panel of strong, varied and very experienced developers and investors at the Jersey City Summit for Real Estate Investment on Tuesday, October 31st. The topics of discussion span a large list of developer concerns, including:
- The drivers of Jersey City Residential Development;
- The status of the condominium vs rental market;
- Comparisons between Jersey City and other competitive markets: Brooklyn, Newark, Manhattan, Westchester, Long Island;
- Transit Oriented developments; how important is work/live/play;
- Is Port Authority doing enough to connect Jersey City to the entire metropolitan area?;
- State and City incentives: GROWNJ, ERG, Tax Abatements, Redevelopment Area Bonds;
- Financing issues: the Capital Stack, Equity Investment; what do the Lenders say;
- Hotels, Hospitality uses in Jersey City;
- Approaches to affordable housing policy in Jersey City;
- What do the demographic and marketing studies show about the Jersey City market;
- The Jersey City Gold Coast vs the rest of Jersey City: Can we have a treaty?
- True Tax abatements (NYC) vs PILOTs (Jersey City);
- Is the complaint of some local residents that Abatements are Developer give-aways true? If not, why not?
Mr. Paolino, a Jersey City native, has played a critical role in some of Jersey City’s most iconic and significant real estate projects along New Jersey’s Hudson River “Gold Coast”.
For more information about the Jersey City Summit for Real Estate Investment, please click here.