Rajiv D. Parikh, Counsel in the firm's Newark, New Jersey office, is a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation and Construction Law & Litigation Practice Groups.
- Successfully obtained a permanent injunction against defamatory and extortionate speech in a matter of first impression in New Jersey following a three month trial.
- Defeated multiple appeals, including a Petition for a Writ of Certiorari before the United States Supreme Court in a decades old voting rights action.
- Prosecuted and resolved multiple trademark and patent infringement matters.
- Negotiated a divestiture and royalty agreement resolving four litigations throughout the country related to intellectual property rights, ownership and distribution dispute for a popular direct response marketed product for children.
- Successful obtained emergent relief on behalf of a congressional candidate against an elections' official to release thousands of impounded ballots in highly contested race.
Mr. Parikh served as a clerk to the Honorable Tonianne J. Bongiovanni, United States Magistrate Judge, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (2005-2007).
Mr. Parikh earned a Juris Doctor degree from Rutgers University School of Law in 2005. He was Editor in Chief of the Rutgers Conflict Resolution Law Journal. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers College, Rutgers University, in May, 2001, and was a representative to the University’s Board of Governors.
Mr. Parikh is a Barrister for the John C. Lifland American Inn of Court and a member of the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey, the Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey and the South Asian Bar Association of New Jersey. Since 2010, Mr. Parikh has been recognized each year in New Jersey Monthly Magazine by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Litigation. Also in 2010, he was elected to the Board of Directors of the Historical Society of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and in 2011 President-Elect of the APALA-NJ Charitable Foundation.
Mr. Parikh is proficient in conversational Gujarati.
- New Jersey, 2005
- New York, 2008
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2005
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2008
- United States Supreme Court, 2011
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2012
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Rutgers College, B.A., 2001